Quantcast

Yankees down 2-0! Yeah!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Hell yeah. The Yankees are down 2-0. I'd say they're screwed, but I remember somthing about a 3-0 comeback by some team or another in 2004. :banana:

Now the Sox just need to get it together and get the lead back in this game...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you are only as good as your last win.

what's steinbrenner got for the hundreds of millions he's paid since '01?

answer = squat.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
As an O's fan, all I ever get to cheer for in October is the demise of the Wankees and Red Cox. :plthumbsdown:

Those bugs were insane, BTW, all flying into facial orfices and biting. It looked like you'd practically need a beekeeper's hood just to tolerate standing on the mound.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
narlus meant in terms of championships. That's what Steinbrenner's after. There's no possibly way he could need more money.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
narlus meant in terms of championships. That's what Steinbrenner's after. There's no possibly way he could need more money.
I don't think he needs any more money either. he needs to stop hiring players that have already peaked. *cough*A-rod*cough*

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
really now. where did you come across that "fact"? and, assuming you were exaggerating to make a point, what is your point?
Coaching Theory and Sports and Recreation Facility Planning and Design. Two different teachers same statistic. It usually WAY more than twice and has been 3 times as much. The next 5 teams are pretty close and switch places pretty often. I'll try to find a link if you want but that's from handouts. VERY qualified teacher I might add.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Coaching Theory and Sports and Recreation Facility Planning and Design. Two different teachers same statistic. It usually WAY more than twice and has been 3 times as much. The next 5 teams are pretty close and switch places pretty often. I'll try to find a link if you want but that's from handouts. VERY qualified teacher I might add.
okay then, so, what was your point?

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
I don't care. Someone said Steinbrenner had nothing to show for his investment. Pretty far from the truth in relative terms.
agreed. through merchandising the name based on their winning record in major league baseball, the Yankee name and symbol can be recognized throughout most of the world today.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
torre's job is on the line every year. the yanks got a chance to win the moment Clemens walked off the mound.
well his contract expires after this year, steinbrenner has publicly said that if they don't win this series then it most likely won't be renewed.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
who hired Clemens in the first place, Cashman? whoever it was should be fired; if it was Steinbrenner himself, he should be excluded from all future hiring decisions.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Make that 4-0 with Cabrera on 2nd, Hafner on 1st, and still 2 outs. Yanks are getting desperate- they called in a starter to releive in the 2nd. :banana: