Quantcast

Yao Ming's 29'er

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
fiddy_ryder said:
That is amazing! I bet those pedals are to small too.....

It must be like riding a little 10' wheeled bike for a him....all little controls.

The pick of the other guy and him is kinda funny. One I would keep if I was Mr. "seat hieght adjuster" :)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
the photo is a little oblong due to the size lens the photographer used but i'm 5'8" and the seat came up to my chest like the guy in the photo.
there's enough steel on there to fabricate a '57 chevy.

splat

Nam I am
I know back when Shaq first broke into teh NBA, Cannondale Fabbreicated a Custom road bike for him, it had a 74 CM frame! I remeber reading the article , regular Shift brake cables were not long enough they had to use Cables for a Tandem Bike and it was using 40 Spoke ( touring ) wheels.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
ridetoofast said:
sweet f'ing jeebus

that dude has got to be at least 80 lbs heavier than me and my 29'r goes scary fast on even small downs, i can't fathom the momentum he'd carry on a 29'r :eek:
You haven't been to Houston have you? The only 'hills' they have are overpasses.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
That picture is a little old but it always brings a chuckle to me. I dont think he needs 8" rotors, I think big 10" rotors would suit him better.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
haha yao ming has juicy 7's on that thing, probobly the only thing that will stop him...also is it just me or is he running his brakes moto style or w.e. its called when its switched around ie. right hand brake is the front

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Looks flexy...

:monkey:

Actually it reminds me of Shaq's chopper. The guy from WCC sat on it in the build and could barely reach the bars.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
In Connecticut, Donny Marshall wanted a mountain bike. I suggested to my boss we get him a 29 incher, but he shot my suggestion down.

Donny was only 6'7". It would have be a good fit for him.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Tenchiro said:
Actually it reminds me of Shaq's chopper. The guy from WCC sat on it in the build and could barely reach the bars.
I remember that. Jesse James looked like a little kid on that thing.