Quantcast

Yardsale: Momment of Impact

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
My gf took this of a friend of ours. I think that he posts here from time to time as DHD. If you did any of the Tenney or Ragged mtn races this is the guy who organized them. I'm pretty sure that he fractured his pelvis. He raced on it and didn't realize it was hurt so bad until he got home.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's some quality rider/bike separation. 9 out of 10. :D

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Forgot to say. I just DLed the pics w/out looking at what was on the card. Needless to say I let out a long "Hoollllyy sh!t!!!" When I saw it. It makes it all that much better when you know the victim.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Repack said:
My gf took this of a friend of ours. I think that he posts here from time to time as DHD. If you did any of the Tenney or Ragged mtn races this is the guy who organized them. I'm pretty sure that he fractured his pelvis. He raced on it and didn't realize it was hurt so bad until he got home.
it is images like this that firmly convince me a :shudder: face is needed

feel bad for that doood

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
that pictur reminds me of my friend on a trail last week we were going down the trail and my friend just got throne off his bike when he got up he was 11 ft down from the trail what happened was that he fell of the cliff and on to a rode at the bottom fo the trail man it was narly i wish i had somepictures to show you guys

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Repack said:
Time to buy a new bike. I mean first the thing bucks the guy off, and then it roosts him with dirt as it takes off up the trail...

Hope he heals up quick.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
reminds me why im sitting here typing with a broken right wrist and a borken left collar bone...yay for both arms.

ragdolling, gotta love it.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
both dan and pauly from drop had it rough this weekend.
dan raced then got in rare form on saturday night
poor paul couldn't remember anything as of saturday night hopefully he is better. guy bent up his handle bar and couldn't remember doing it.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
nh dude said:
both dan and pauly from drop had it rough this weekend.
dan raced then got in rare form on saturday night
poor paul couldn't remember anything as of saturday night hopefully he is better. guy bent up his handle bar and couldn't remember doing it.
I saw Paul getting carted off. Didn't see how it happened, but I saw what I think probablt happen to him a couple of years ago. Its easy to come off of that blind roller a little nose heavy and then lose it on one of the rocks on the back side of it. Saw it unfold almost in slow-motion to a kid on a red V10 from the lift. It was scary.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Dan didn't go down the yardsale for those assuming he did. He went down the alternate line and as he came out he got his bike (maybe pedals as well) stuck between some rocks and came to a halt still upright on his bike. He took a little breather and looked around at the crowd as if it was a trials bike and then tried hopping out and going from a stand-still through the rocks in the picture and got tossed pretty badly.

Either way it sucks and if he is hurt, best of luck to him healing.

IMHO, I don't think yardsale should be taken out, I just don't believe experts should be riding down it at all.

***Edit***

Didn't really pay attention to that picture, but that must be from a practice run. I only saw his crash during his race run. If he raced with a fractured pelvis that's nuts!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: