Quantcast

Yari 50hr. Service

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I just did my pike and had no problems. I'm doing my buddies 2019 Yari debonair Charger RC and I have it at the 85psi he had it at prior to replacing the wipers, but it won't go up past the 20% sag mark. Any reason for this?

@50psi it's at 30% sag

1586208846583722722485325566304.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like the pressure in the negative spring isn't balanced. When starting from 0 pressure you should move the fork up and down every 10lbs of pressure or so as you add air to balance the negative spring.

Dump all the air and start over.

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
It seemed to help a little. Mainly by pulling up on it. I've never experienced this before.

It took 100psi to get it to 100% travel. When I let out any psi with the pump attached, it immediately pulls the fork back in. At the 85psi he had, it's at 15% sag with no weight on it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can hear when the bleed port is balancing, move it around in that position. You could have grease blocking the ports.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For any of these forks, you got to yank the hell out of them and equalize the chambers. This ONLY happens when the fork is at full extension. IME, it can be done at any normal operating PSI, but it's obviously easier to do with less pressure in the fork. You gotta yank it pretty hard tho, put your foot on the crown and pull the stanchions with your hands. You have to hit a hard-stop, you'll know when you do, because the fork will top out, vs. feeling like there is negative travel. There is a dimple in the stanchion and basically you gotta pull the fork past this. Once at true full extension, you can fill it normally.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I stood on the axle and pulled up. That's what left me at post #3. 100psi=100% of the travel 85psi=15% sag.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
So let me ask this-- On my 2017 Pike RC
I let the air out and the piston retracted some.

I pushed the lowers in the rest of the way and pushed the 5mm bolt in to release the remainder of the air.

Removed the lowers,
replaced the wipers,
put the lowers back on,
Filled the fluid in the lowers,
put the 5mm bolts in a couple turns and compressed them to let the air out.
Tightened them to spec and filled with air.
The fork went back to full length at like 5psi maybe?

No issues.

This Debonair won't extend.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The debonair version has a substantially bigger negative chamber, so when pulling on the lowers you are doing it against a bigger pressure buildup. The issue you are describing is completely consistent with a grease clogged equalizing port.

PSA, if you're planning on pulling the lowers like crazy, you better take off the valve core from the air cap.