Quantcast

((((YASSTURDSDAY))))

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey's selection of "overly busy" boards has now eliminated between 3-4 boxes of paid for boards from usage. So... We got to buy that many more last night.

Less busy day today, thankfully. Part of rd. 2 interview is doing a presentation. I need to prep for that, as a big part is showing how well you prep for presentations.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The best part is my bonus target % went up last year when I became manager, and this year was 12% over the target.

Might have to buy a downhill bike or something. But not really.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I got a bonus last month. I've only been an employee since October, so I was surprised. It wasn't much but free money is free.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Seeing indicators of a market pullback and eventually reset. May have to spend most of the day selling my positions to liquidate and sit.

Still searching for a all mtn bike. Seems they are more scarce than common sense these days.

oredered myself a new stihl 881 today, a little bit giddy to start milling.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am here to jump on the bonus bandwagon. I am supposed to get mine with my check next Thursday, which is based on a percentage of annual wages earned, and since I've been here 9 months it will be prorated. Still, it'll be better than anything my last employer ever gave me. Those cocks. I am also getting a 3% merit increase, which is more than my previous employer ever gave me aside from promotions. Those cocks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Is this the bonus thread?
I get mine paid out in two weeks, but just got my statement from last year's close.

Tired as heck this morning. Closing my refi later today, otherwise working and laundry catch up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I too got a bonus this year, which was more than previous years. Though the more ya get, the more the govmint takes so :confused:

Haven't been paying attention so I don't really know when I actually get it. I should look into that...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i got my bonus last week.

View attachment 157331
I learned of our 6 month bonus amount at our faculty meeting last week. It gets paid out at the end of April.

In other news, I work today. 7-4. Did 90 minutes on le Peloton last night: nice moderately hard set of intervals and then 45 minutes of pure recovery.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm just here to report that as i have worked for a nonprofit for my entire career i have never received a bonus.

however, i am about to say fts and go ride my bike in the woods, so i've got that going for me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

I too get a bonus, as well as a merit increase, but I do not receive either until next month.

Mouse #19 caught.

BUt hOw DO yoU kNoW?" - @Nick @Pesqueeb

Pretty big crypto heist last night. Not sure who is dumb enough to have that much fiat in a brokerage alt coin without keys and not in a wallet or offline.

CoinGape :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
been on meetings since i got up, finally getting around to breakfast (technically brunch now i guess). meatloaf, hashbrown, eggs, and habanero colby jack burrito with hatch chili sauce

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hey WFH people, what is your take on muting the video during fairly small Zoom meetings? Not that I’m pulling a Toobin or anything, but I am noticing most people are muting video, and I am sure we all look like crap at 9:00 am.
just curious, and I can’t wait for the helpful replies.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we have a tax person but she moved to cali so now I have to scan everything and send it over. still cheaper than local guys by half the price.
one i guess "upside" to the car accident is that our income has dropped enough that we qualify for a lot of deductions we didn't previously, and it bumped us into a lower tax bracket.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey WFH people, what is your take on muting the video during fairly small Zoom meetings? Not that I’m pulling a Tobin or anything, but I am noticing most people are muting video, and I am sure we all look like crap at 9:00 am.
that's the norm where i work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hey WFH people, what is your take on muting the video during fairly small Zoom meetings? Not that I’m pulling a Tobin or anything, but I am noticing most people are muting video, and I am sure we all look like crap at 9:00 am.
I think the expectation of seeing everyone is unreasonable, especially when half of these calls could be handled via emails.