Quantcast

*yawn* slow news day I guess

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
This news just in:

NZ accent is rated as the nicest sounding English accent. Aussies came 13th, Americans came 15th.

Take that you fckers.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Must have been an average of all American accents. I'd bet Redneck-Hick-Southern-Drawl dragged down the average by quite a bit.
Dude, I respect your postings and admit that you are a pretty smart person and I enjoy reading your points, but have you actually ever met someone from the South? I know it's popular on this forum to pin blame and poke fun at southerners and god knows, there are plenty of them on Fox News to convince the nation 3 times over that southerners are just overall wearing dumb hicks.

Some of us are smart, funny, observant, thoughtful and function as contributing members of society. If you're going to lash out a one regional accent all the time, please allow equal billing and commentary on the nasal droned Jew York Brooklyn accent, the Mass state line and points north inability to pronounce one simple letter in our alphabet (R if you're from there and was wondering) Eastern seaboard people's lack of reading comprehension since they obviously see that Boston missing R in wash.

See where I'm going? We all talk funny and I know yours and others jabs at southern people is a convenient stereotype for what you like to call "mouth breathers" but honestly, have you ever been in any part of PA that is not Philly and took a long look at some of the residents?? Makes Little Rock not look so dumb after all.

Just saying, we all talk funny to others than ourselves.

Rant complete, feel free to blast me at any point now...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
*sigh* No offence intended, and if you (or Bizutch, or anyone else from the south) had said the same about the Lawn-Guyland accent, the Joisey Showah accent, or the Baaaaaahstan accent I probably would've thought it was just as funny. I actually can't stand regional accents at all, and I've been trying to watch national news/programming as a way to keep from getting the dreaded WI/MN accent (don't ya know?). So again, no offence intended and I'll try to spread the hate around a little bit and pick on mouth-breathers who live in different parts of the US (and EVERYWHERE has mouth-breathers).

(Although I will admit that one of my contacts from the south is my uncle, who is the epitome of racist-bigot-but-still-a-good-Christian-and-proud-American even though he grew up in NYC, went to Harvard (Yale?) and went on to become a college professor down in Macon, GA. He and my aunt say great little gems like "That pool was such a great place until all the darkies showed up" and "I really don't know who to root for, I mean Serena and Venus Williams are American, but those Argentinian women are white." I'm not saying he's my only contact in the south, since I have friends/normal family in FL, Texas, SC, AZ, etc , but he's definitely the one that I'm usually referring to or making fun of when I talk about mouth-breathing redneck racist types in the south.)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
DaveW: See what's happening here? They are all blaming each other for not sounding as 'classy' as us kiwis.

Guys, guys, guys. Calm down. If you like, I'm sure we can arrange speech therapy for all you 'Mericans so you can all say things like "Fush n Chups".

:D

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
DaveW: See what's happening here? They are all blaming each other for not sounding as 'classy' as us kiwis.

Guys, guys, guys. Calm down. If you like, I'm sure we can arrange speech therapy for all you 'Mericans so you can all say things like "Fush n Chups".

lol, yeah, got a little overly sensitive there for a moment.

But listening to Steve Irwin was like chewing on tin foil and those Outback steakhouse commercials make my ears sweat from how hard that accent is.

They both are Kiwi, right? :D

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville

Or we can just add the word "AS" behind everything we say. :thumb:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Divide and conquer Damo, divide and conquer. :weee:
Kiwi cultural imperialism shall have its revenge for those reality tv shows. :shakefist:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
This news just in:

NZ accent is rated as the nicest sounding English accent. Aussies came 13th, Americans came 15th.

Take that you fckers.
Fvck me, all I can say is that the example kiwi they got for the study must have come from the north island. Someone with a 'Thuck ex-cent' from down south is pretty much on par with a Scotsman for english that you cant comprehend.

Not that I'm suggesting that an Aussie accent is much chop. Bogan strine is horrendous.

A female Scottish newsreader with just the hint of a burr is without doubt the nicest way to hear the language