Quantcast

Yay, awesome, I couldn't be more stoked...

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Was headed up to Snowshoe this weekend for three days of shredding the gnar.

This morning while at my storage room getting parts for a job, my work van catches on fire.

Four things to consider about my van being on fire --

It is going to be very expensive to repair.

I was not able to do any work today.

I'm not going to Snowshoe this weekend.

No, I don't have any pictures.

That is all.

Oh yeah.........Crap.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Not sure how, but my alternator started burning. Burned up (as far as i can tell) the alternator, the alternator wiring harness, a wire loom, some vaccum lines and a couple heater hoses.

The escaping coolant is what extinguished the fire.

Coulda been worse, though. Thing coulda burned to the ground and I'd be featured on the six-o-clock news.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
lux said:
Not sure how, but my alternator started burning. Burned up (as far as i can tell) the alternator, the alternator wiring harness, a wire loom, some vaccum lines and a couple heater hoses.

by any chance is your van a 91-97 ford product?

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
splat said:
where you driving it at the time ? if so you should have run it into a tree. then ther would be an accident involed and Insurance would cover it. our insurance agent told us that .
Didn't realize it was on fire until I stopped. At that point, the thought didn't really cross my mind to get back in it to drive it into a tree.:hot:

Next time, though, I'll be prepared.:clue:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
lux said:
Didn't realize it was on fire until I stopped. At that point, the thought didn't really cross my mind to get back in it to drive it into a tree.:hot:

Next time, though, I'll be prepared.:clue:
Yep fear from being burned to a crisp will make you do dumb things. Get it right next time.

R

richcreek

just drive it into a tree know and then make a claim....