Quantcast

Yay for root canal!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
son of a dookie! i cracked off a piece of one of my molars about a year and a half ago. it never hurt or anything and my dental insurance is average at best so i just left it alone (insurance is 60/40 split - although i found out today they pay for 2 free cleanings/preventative maint. per year :twitch: )
well, last night my tooth was hurting so bad i felt like reenacting the scene from Cast Away where he takes the ice skate and knocks hit tooth out.....
so i went to the dentist today and he put the grinder to it...down to my friggin nerve! he said i need a root canal and a crown so i'm scheduled for the procedure tomorrow afternoon.
everybody says it's fairly painless but, after 8 years of braces and a jaw surgery..i've about had it with people playing engineer in my mouth.

anyway, i guess i'm just pissed that i just now found out my insurance covers the two free cleanings per year and now i'm stuck with a nice $800 bill for my share of the procedures :disgust1: the dentist could've fixed the problem before it came to a root canal had i done my homework on my dental insurance...although none of the reps ever mention anything about the preventative maintenance benefits.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i had my visit today in uniform. i wear a wireless mic on my chest and i kept waiting for him to accidentally key it up and broadcast the sound of the drill over the radio ;)