Quantcast

YAY!! More Mac Questions

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Find out the printers IP address and install it using the IP.

Keep asking questions too, because the more you ask the more I learn about my new Mac.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BUCKET said:
Find out the printers IP address and install it using the IP.

Keep asking questions too, because the more you ask the more I learn about my new Mac.
If it's plugged in to the network you Mac should find it by itself, no IP address required.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
http://www.macrumors.com would be a more helpful forum for this kind of problem. I had problems with my airport card and they answered the question in about 30 seconds. Turns out I wasn't pushing hard enough. The Apple support discussion pages might help too.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
I had my Mac at work yesterday and I saw all of the printers on our Novell/Windows network.

Sys Preferences -> Printers and fax -> And I think there is a + button in that menu - click it and you should see all the printers on the network. These directions may not be completely accurate - I'm on my windows workstation at work today, and I'm trying to explain from memory, which is a little burned out at this point. The printers and fax menu is where I found the networked printers though.