Quantcast

Yay! New Jumps!

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Dude, I wish I was as rad as you when I was 16. Holy ****, that video is awesome. I'm not even kidding. That video had me laughing my ass off.

Ok. I image that's in your backyard. You need to get a hose and use water when you build the lip, and basically use water everywhere when you pack it, and probably before you ride in the future. For the roots, you should get a pick-axe. This tool is great for breaking the ground up. I have no problem using a pick-axe to churn up the ground and get through roots bigger than the one in your video.

As far as getting things up to size, I just decide where each lip and landing will go, and then I know I'm going to be digging and bowling out everything in between. Then you'll end up with some decent sized jumps, because you just have to dig until you're done. I know it seems like you're already digging a whole lot, but you'll get used to it... You just have to dig. You'll hit less roots and probably better dirt as you dig deeper. Organic material that falls to the ground makes up a lot of the first foot or so, which means it won't pack well or hold water. At least that's how it is here. I end up using the ****ty top dirt for the base and backside of the jump, and then when I get down to the good dirt, that's when I start building up the surface. Awesome.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
haha, thanks. i was hoping some people would get a kick out of it.
i cut out a lot of stuff because the video was too long for vimeo.
and i haven't even gotten to ride these yet! i hope they're all sized up right. they seem good. just have to get my bike back together.
speaking of my bike, it's looking sick! i'll get some pics tomorrow.
EDIT:
anyone know where i can get some NS district bars?
or are there any other tall bars like it?
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Worked on this spot some more today. Built new landing and take off. My building skills are getting better! There isn't any filly in these.

and heres the landing. The actual first jump needs to get repaired but, I'll do that later... ha.

3 more weeks 'til I can hit them!
Here's a video of my friend hitting them.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
I worked on it for about an hour or so today.
Fixed the first jump, and cleared a lot of branches.
Working on path to roll in from the end of the jumps...
Pics...
Here's from on the roll-in:

It's really starting to turn into a decent spot!

And here's the trail I'm working on... It's in between both sections...

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
your place looks cool, but does that roll in give you a little too much speed? Should be fine once you make the jumps a bit bigger if you are planning that sort of thing.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Let's update this.
Worked on them yesterday and today for a bit.
Here's some pics.

Just got the landing built for the 2nd double.

Here's after the landing. It's going to go way down, and then there will be a nice step up for learning tricks on.

I smoothed this out today. It was pretty rough and bumpy.

A couple shots of the general area...

And why not...

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
FINISHED!

Here's the landing of the step up/trick jump:

Step up

This is the landing before the step up (eye level - I'm 6')

2nd double gap...

And I got a video of me hitting them today and it's uploading to Vimeo so I'll post it when it's finished.