Quantcast

yea, i'm getting a puppy

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
my mom surpised me today with news of, and a visit to, the new puppy. a male, black and brown dachshund. like this guy:

right now, he's only 2 weeks old, so he's still hanging out with his mom and feeding off her. but in 4 weeks we get to have him.

when we got to the owner's house (a family friend) and i first saw the pups, i felt like a little girl on the inside, but had to retain my calm demeaner on the outside. i've wanted another dog since my mom had Schnitzel put to sleep 5yrs ago, so this surprise was like the greatest surprise ever.

so now, i get to come up with a name. care to help me? i was thinking something bike related, of course, but can't seem to get past Sprocket. Spunky is on the list, too (Rocko's Modern Life). i have 4 weeks to come up with a name...

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Name him Bite or Johnny Switchblade (both of these require mandatory spiked collar)
or Dale Earnhardt, after the fallen NASCAR legend
or you could go with the slightly cliche weiner dog reference with Oscar or Schnitzel
or straight to the point with Sausage
or name him after a household item such as Soup or Ottoman or Footstool
or go with the bike reference such as Chainstay or Rebound or Valvestem
or go with an old man name such a Wilton or Edgar or Elton or Ira or Roy or Lester

My feline housemates are Stewart and Frank.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Enginerd A2 said:
Name him Bite or Johnny Switchblade (both of these require mandatory spiked collar)
or Dale Earnhardt, after the fallen NASCAR legend
or you could go with the slightly cliche weiner dog reference with Oscar or Schnitzel
or straight to the point with Sausage
or name him after a household item such as Soup or Ottoman or Footstool
or go with the bike reference such as Chainstay or Rebound or Valvestem
or go with an old man name such a Wilton or Edgar or Elton or Ira or Roy or Lester

My feline housemates are Stewart and Frank.
calm down!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Spokey?
my dad's black lab is named Doc, so maybe Sovereign? (kidding)
Ruffian?
Turbo? (in honor of my friend, Jay)
Mack? (in honor of mack)
Dale Jarret? (Nascar 4eva!!!!!11!)
Hova? (jigga what?)
Willie? (Williams Lake, BC...best city in the world)
Fitzsimmons? (Whistler)
Werks? (in honor of a friend from TX4000 who experience the wonder within the city limit signs of Williams Lake)
iDog?
Weagle?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
the Inbred said:
Spokey?
my dad's black lab is named Doc, so maybe Sovereign? (kidding)
Ruffian?
Turbo? (in honor of my friend, Jay)
Mack? (in honor of mack)
Dale Jarret? (Nascar 4eva!!!!!11!)
Hova? (jigga what?)
Willie? (Williams Lake, BC...best city in the world)
Fitzsimmons? (Whistler)
Werks? (in honor of a friend from TX4000 who experience the wonder within the city limit signs of Williams Lake)
iDog?
Weagle?

What about kyle?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Weagle is good...

Link- refence both to full suspension and to a sausage link, and a matrix character

Stubs, Smalls (sandlot reference), Brodie (if youre into classic bikes), or of course... Dick

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
TheInedibleHulk said:
Link- refence both to full suspension and to a sausage link, and a matrix character
Dude, you forgot. Link is also the main character in Zelda

( :help: )

Maybe Gordo?

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
loco said:
Please don't name anything after Dale Earnhart.
That was intended as a sort of tongue in cheek joke, aimed at all the people with halo'ed 3 stickers on their pick 'em up trucks. I don't really care for the Left Turn League.

J

JRB

Enginerd A2 said:
That was intended as a sort of tongue in cheek joke, aimed at all the people with halo'ed 3 stickers on their pick 'em up trucks. I don't really care for the Left Turn League.
I am going to start watching, myself. It is my new found fun time.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
TheInedibleHulk said:
Weagle is good...

Stubs, Smalls (sandlot reference), Brodie (if youre into classic bikes), or of course... Dick[/QUOTE

Link is a perfect name for a weiner dog! FIY, did you know those dogs were breed for hunting badgers and that they used to be huge compared to their current form.
Congrats on the pooch! I couldn't imagine my life without the freaks.

Chilibean: Red healer (Windrock wonderdog)
Khan: Min-Pin (named after the mongolian warlord Ghingus Khan)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
spoke80...Kahn? King of the Hill by chance? that's the best show on television hmmmm....maybe Gribble?

Weagle and Spokey are getting positive feedback by non-cyclists. i'm really liking Willie.

Brat might work. the last 2 dogs we've had were Jaeger and Schnitzel. ha.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
the Inbred said:
spoke80...Kahn? King of the Hill by chance? that's the best show on television hmmmm....maybe Gribble?

Weagle and Spokey are getting positive feedback by non-cyclists. i'm really liking Willie.

Brat might work. the last 2 dogs we've had were Jaeger and Schnitzel. ha.
It must be really tiny at 2 weeks old...you didn't take a picture of it? Weiner dogs are so cool.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
my mom just told me "get ready, we need to run somewhere"...i was completely surprised. he was so small. fit into my hand, eyes looked like little black bbs.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
My cat Zakk was named after Ozzy's guitar player, Zakk Wylde. She will be SEVENTEEN this weekend!
Have you started picking out a little kitty-plot in the local pet Sematary? One can never be too prepared.......

You know they're going to vote on adding feral cats to the "hunt list" in Minnesota. :eek:

-S.S.-