Quantcast

Yeah, I'm a bike mechanic now

Old_Dude

Monkey
Not in the truest sense of the word . . . my daughter & her friend were riding yesterday & my daughter had some problems with her rear derailleur. Down to the basement we went, up on the workstand her bike was clamped & then zip-zam, I fixed it. Then I fiddled aroiund with the front derailleur & fixed it too. Then I adjusted her brakes & seat then her friend let me fix her bike too - her brakes and rear derailleur were way out, so I adjusted them quickly also.

I just felt so great that I could actually do something easy like that and make the world just a little bit better. I know this is no big deal, but hopefully, their bikes will now be safer & more enjoyable to ride and to me, that's a great feeling.

Now if I could only make $120K/year doing that, I'd really be happy.

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
$120 K a year as a mechanic! I wish too. :)

Keep it up, it's awesome to be able to help out. You'll never stop learning, so the only thing you can possibly do really wrong is think you know it all.

The pride of fixing something is just so great though!

Locosrus

Chimp
Dec 18, 2001
Fran sancisco
Originally posted by Old_Dude

I just felt so great that I could actually do something easy like that and make the world just a little bit better. I know this is no big deal, but hopefully, their bikes will now be safer & more enjoyable to ride and to me, that's a great feeling.

Now if I could only make $120K/year doing that, I'd really be happy.
It's awesome, isn't it? When I worked at a shop I had a good time gettin' people on the road, specially in my area where in the summer nobody will even touch your bike for a week! cause they are so booked! I hated working retail though. and the 40 g's a year didn't justify, I made a lot of friends though

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
It rad to help out when one of your bros has a busted ride. I'm actually looking forward to building up a new rig for my fiancee. There is definately a great sense of zen when a build/fix comes out right, and someone rides away smiling!:D