Quantcast

Yelling at people

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Hey. So I made this short about yelling at people for school. Heckling. Whatever you want to call it. It's nine minutes long, has a gnarly slow-motion segment with a bare ass and a bike crash, and it is really all about racing.

That's enough of me "selling" it. I took footage from a local cyclocross race and a local downhill race. Making this documentary would've been fifty times easier had I chosen to do it during the racing season. Watch it!

How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love Being Yelled At on Vimeo

Pass this on to whomever.

I'm driving up to tahoe for the weekend in a half hour, so I wont be able to check this thread later, buuuuuttttttt . . . anybody know of some good areas in south lake tahoe to snowboard for free? Like, you know, hike up and ride down? Probably too simple of a question, but whatever. Info on backcountry stuff would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Well, I have a season pass to Kirkwood that's paid for itself already, a free extra ticket for my wife due to their power screw up earlier in the year, and my son boards for free because of his age, so it's essentially all free for me including the 'shuttle'. But I guess that doesn't help you now does it. :)

It still amazes me that it's 83 degrees today and I'll be boarding on Sunday and it's just a couple of hours away.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
There are some car shuttleable runs in north lake around Donner pass but can't help with south lake.

My suggestion would be use google maps and find a road on a hill. There may be a few in south lake. :D

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
The only things I can think of you wouldn't want to hike and I doubt the roads are drivable. Just sack up and go to Alpine.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I ended up going up there with a few roads off of 50 that I wanted to try out. But then I passed out in front of a vent in my hotel room and woke up without a voice. Boo only getting to ride once or twice a year, and then sicking through it. I really wish cold weather was more healthy.

Thanks for the comments! The article was interesting, but I've always felt the running running community a little different from our wheels and chains. That link read like it was about cultural tourism seen through the eyes of a couple marathon-heads. Not like that's a bad thing or anything, but with my wicked assumptions in the back of my mind, I feel like heckling in downhill and cyclocross would be consistent in content regardless of whatever side of the ocean it comes from.

Then again, I've never actually been to any continent besides north america, so I hardly have any experiential proof of this. Does anyone know how heckling differs at the European races? I hear cyclo alone can get pretty intense over there.