Quantcast

!! yerp !!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wife is Binge watching Seinfeld. The stupidity of the dialog drove me out of the house and into the serene quite of the hammock in the back yard. Honestly I cannot fathom endlessly having the TV on all day while she works from home. I can't stand 5 minutes of it and she will have it going for 12 straight hours or so. Probably why I like biking, kayaking and fly fishing, backpacking. No electronic noise
Same. Wifey has TV going in the background or is watching non-stop. I fucking hate TV. I prefer to have music running in the background, and normally do. But TV is just painful. I hate pretty much every show (although Rick & Morty and Mandelorian are great) and once I've watched a movie I'm kind of meh* about them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We have never paid for cable or the like.

Did OTA in New York to watch Olympics coverage. Otherwise 100% streaming is the way.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sweet man! I have climbed Ranger Creek and descended Palisades. Good poop. Any snow/blow downs to deal with? Are you game for a Lewis River out n back next Monday? Should be similar vert and mileage.
Wasn't sure if the singletrack would be OK for climbing, would probably be my preference for next time. The upper parts of Ranger Creek are burned out with a few downed logs, and many many more ready to follow, but it wasn't that bad. I had more issue with the super loose switchbacks, rear wheel would beat the front wheel down.

I have been wanting to hit Lewis River but Monday will be difficult. Will see how this week plays out.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Wasn't sure if the singletrack would be OK for climbing, would probably be my preference for next time. The upper parts of Ranger Creek are burned out with a few downed logs, and many many more ready to follow, but it wasn't that bad. I had more issue with the super loose switchbacks, rear wheel would beat the front wheel down.

I have been wanting to hit Lewis River but Monday will be difficult. Will see how this week plays out.
I was very impressed with the Ranger Creek climb, if I remember it correctly. I haven't tried it another way. I've ridden Sun top also. That was a ball buster of a road climb. It's crazy how dry it is out there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was very impressed with the Ranger Creek climb, if I remember it correctly. I haven't tried it another way. I've ridden Sun top also. That was a ball buster of a road climb. It's crazy how dry it is out there.
Lower elevations weren't too dry. Smoke from Canada has been promoting a thick marine layer in the mornings that is bringing some moisture to the lower bits of the western slopes. Above that is horribly dry.