Quantcast

Yes, Ahnold IS Gov. of California......

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Aw sheet!!!!!!! Now all the lifts at Northstar and Big Bear are going to be shut down along with Barbara Boxer's Wildernessification of all oursingle track so that our buffed out leader can get started with his "Gym based initiatives." Spin classes and nordic tracks will be used to say "Hasta la vista" to the mountain lifestyle so many of us have come to love, now "Tahgeted fuh tuhminashun".

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by Luke Duke
And I'm gonna move to Canada for real, even if I have to jump the border. Stop this ride I wanna get off.:dead:
No ****, the Nazi's are full on taking over.
(Those who don't know where the bush familly forture came from...look it up!...whatever, both are puppets)

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Well just so you all know. There is over one million more democrats registered in California then republicans.
All the democrats had to do is get off their lazy a$$ and go vote. Should have been an easy win.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by kidwoo
You're right, there IS a political board. For the life of me I can't directly associate gubernatorial issues with Downhill mountainbiking in the least. I apologize. Cease and desist.
Most of the kick ass dowhill trails around here are on Ntnl land....forested to some extent, but not nearly to the extent that the idiots in the right wing would like.

They also want to send more and more jobs to foreign lands, leaving an even larger number of us without work, and without funds to buy sweet American made bicycles.

This is just off the top of my head why this is related to DH discussion.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by SR
did you pull a muscle stretching for that one?;)

it dont look that far fetched, esp since here. half a world away, things are the same all over again, if the right-conservative-feudal wing gets their president, things are undoubtedly going to change for cyclists down here too, to some extent caused by the same dynamics marshal described there.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Take your pick.

Barbra Boxxer and her tree hugging ilk can close the woods off to everyone but the Sierra-Nazi's, or we can have sustainable logging and a healthy level of lumber export which means jobs, with taxable incomes and equally taxable corprate revenues resulting in more $$ in the states coffers.

Thinking people take the second option.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by Ranzrey
If you don't like it here Pack your Bags and get the hell out.
Nice one.. I love that kind of forward thinking.
I always thought here in the US it was
"If you don't like it here Pack your gun and send them to hell "

I'll go wherever the hell I want to go and if I don't like it I'll try to change it. I really don't see who buy that kind of bullying attitude "love it or leave it" bull****

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Sorry everybody, I din't mean to start a posting war, I forgot there was a better place per, se, b/c I always post to either the Dh or Pac NW forums cause I know the monkeys there a bit more.

I don't really WANT to move to Canada, BTW. It's just my opinion and amazement coming out about this. I also live in Wa State, but that doesen't stop me from thinking about how this happened and being flabbergasted by it.

I will say that I like Arnold as an action Hero, though, and I always enjoyed the Presidential Physical Fitness Test designed and promoted by him back in the eighties!

Moderator, please move this to a more appropriate location on RM.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Sideways
Most of the kick ass dowhill trails around here are on Ntnl land....forested to some extent, but not nearly to the extent that the idiots in the right wing would like.

They also want to send more and more jobs to foreign lands, leaving an even larger number of us without work, and without funds to buy sweet American made bicycles.

This is just off the top of my head why this is related to DH discussion.
Under Gray Davis or his side kick Busti. your little bike company would have a hard time paying the taxes here in California. Gray Davis was sending small buisness out of this state faster then your fame welders can run a bead.
The small business owners like you and I should be much better off.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by spookydave
Under Gray Davis or his side kick Busti. your little bike company would have a hard time paying the taxes here in California. Gray Davis was sending small buisness out of this state faster then your fame welders can run a bead.
The small business owners like you and I should be much better off.
Exactly.

Davis' tax policies are why the semiconductor industry and many others are moving OUT of CA and to states like AZ, TX, NM, WA, and OR.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I haven't kept up on my Kalifornia politics, but did being opposed to Arnold make someone by definition a supporter of Davis and Busta(Rhymes)monte?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I just wonder if the cure will be worse than the diesese... is Arnold capable of the compromise needed to get things done in the worlds 7th largest economy? I'll take everyone's word for it that Davis had to go but I just cannot believe that Arnold is up to the task. He's got no track record other than setting up that after school dealio...

I am just glad that my state was not forced to take such drastic action in such a hasty manner...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by ohio
I haven't kept up on my Kalifornia politics, but did being opposed to Arnold make someone by definition a supporter of Davis and Busta(Rhymes)monte?
Kinda wierd that way.

Lots of folks think that Davis is a complete tool, yet were opposed to the recall. Reasons seem to vary. Some are opposed simply because they don't think it's worth the hassle. Some because of some wierd form of not wanting to be embarrased. (What they ought to be embarrased about is electing him in the first place)

IMO if you hire someone and they fail at the job, fire them.

There is division amongst the Dems. Some stand behind Davis, some behind Busta. The funny part is that the Dem's were certain that they had a lock with the Hispanic community. Apparently they didn't realize that Hispanic people are not a bunch of mindless dolts that will vote for Busta simply because he's the same color. Surprise fella's! There are Hispanic Dem's, Hispanic Rep's, Hispanic Indies, Hispanic Greens, Hispanic liberals, Hispanic Conservatives and apparently quite a few Hispanics, regardless of affiliation, who are pi$$ed off at the way this state has been run for the past few years.

I am for the recall but I am not in agreement with all of the reasons. Davis is not, and I repeat, NOT responsible for the state's energy woes. The people of this state who voted for energy deregulation are the guilty parties there. You asked for it, you got it.

As for Ahh-nold, heck, I don't think he could do worse than Davis. Depending on who he selects for his staff he may do better. But I'd elect Drunken Ninja before Busta.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Sideways
No ****, the Nazi's are full on taking over.
(Those who don't know where the bush familly forture came from...look it up!...whatever, both are puppets)
umm, Nazis hate and want to kill Jews, whereas the Bushes believe that Jews must occupy the holy land in order for Jesus Christ to return. Bit of a difference, wouldn't you agree?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Damn True

I am for the recall but I am not in agreement with all of the reasons. Davis is not, and I repeat, NOT responsible for the state's energy woes. The people of this state who voted for energy deregulation are the guilty parties there. You asked for it, you got it.
Thanks for the summation. Clears things up a bit.

The only comment I have is about the section I quoted. I'll agree Davis is not responsible for the energy woes, but DON'T blame it on de-regulation. De-regulation IF it had actually been implemented, would have worked beautifully. What the spineless Cali politicians did was a half-assed version because they were too afraid to go all out. That is worse then either full-regulation or complete deregulation, because it allows certain major interests to act counter-productively and exercise quasi-monopolistic rights that they'd never have in a true free market.... the whole system breaks down. Thanks to jackass politicians "helping out" their industrial friends.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by ohio
That is worse then either full-regulation or complete deregulation, because it allows certain major interests to act counter-productively and exercise quasi-monopolistic rights that they'd never have in a true free market.... the whole system breaks down. Thanks to jackass politicians "helping out" their industrial friends.

I read what you wrote, but as tired as I am right now all I heard was:

Ooooh! I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective ...

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship, A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes ...

I told you, We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

But all the decision of that officer ...

... must be approved at a bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs.

... but a two-thirds majority ...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Damn True
I read what you wrote, but as tired as I am right now all I heard was:
HAHAaaa. Alright.

What I meant was:
De-regulation works, but politicians and big corporations have a knack for facking things up, especailly when they work together.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Drunken_Ninja
The day they let Canadians run for govenor in california, I am going to win for sure unless lucee enters the race

Was it something I said?:confused:
Ha, good thing I like to lurk...