Quantcast

YES!!!! I got him!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
I've done my share of manual labor (including dipping out a septic tank by hand). I didn't get paid much for it. And I didn't get paid much because it was very low-skilled work. That's how it works. If you want to get out of the low-paid/crap work game, you have to get skills of some sort. That's how we get the luxury of well-paid jobs and lady-like hands.

There's no doubt that it's hard and disgusting work, much of it. That doesn't really mean that they should be paid artificially inflated wages to do it......

-S.S.-
I think what they are paid is fair...what if someone just isn't naturally smart or couldn't afford college...not smart enough for a scholarship...if we didn't have them then all the lilly livered lady handed mo fos would be wading in their own chit! HAHAHA! lilly livered lady handed! HAHAHHAHA! man that one really cracked me up!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
I think what they are paid is fair...what if someone just isn't naturally smart or couldn't afford college...not smart enough for a scholarship...if we didn't have them then all the lilly livered lady handed mo fos would be wading in their own chit! HAHAHA! lilly livered lady handed! HAHAHHAHA! man that one really cracked me up!
Lucky for us, the unskilled masses should be available to us for the forseeable future. Just look at some of the people who post here on the :monkey:

BTW - if their jobs were opened to the Free Market, I think that you'd see quickly that they are overpaid for what they do............

-S.S.-

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
SkaredShtles said:
I've done my share of manual labor (including dipping out a septic tank by hand). I didn't get paid much for it. And I didn't get paid much because it was very low-skilled work. That's how it works. If you want to get out of the low-paid/crap work game, you have to get skills of some sort. That's how we get the luxury of well-paid jobs and lady-like hands.

There's no doubt that it's hard and disgusting work, much of it. That doesn't really mean that they should be paid artificially inflated wages to do it......

-S.S.-
Have you called a plumber recently?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Lucky for us, the unskilled masses should be available to us for the forseeable future. Just look at some of the people who post here on the :monkey:

BTW - if their jobs were opened to the Free Market, I think that you'd see quickly that they are overpaid for what they do............

-S.S.-
Compared to private companies, yes...however...the years of service is what gets you the 'big' money...big meaning, better than private industry. I'll never become a millionaire doing what I do, but there is very little I want within reason. I mean, hell yeah, I'd love a villa in Tuscany, but that's unrealistic for the masses. But to want to be compensated the best you can for the least you can do...there is NOTHING wrong with that! Also, the retirement and job security are VERY nice...however, the downside is the stench of dead rats and the flies feasting on the carcasses...oh and some of the scummy guys that try to pick up on me... :blah:

J

JRB

I'm glad the fly is toast, but I must now ask, does anyone else have as high an opinion of Stoney as he does? Impressive credentials, but it's all kind of negated when you have to spout them out about yourself. :think:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco said:
I'm glad the fly is toast, but I must now ask, does anyone else have as high an opinion of Stoney as he does? Impressive credentials, but it's all kind of negated when you have to spout them out about yourself. :think:

HAHAHA!

There are tons more flies today...there was a dead rat in the ceiling across the way in the Parks dept. Gross. What horrific conditions to have to work in.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stoney98 said:
right... that's why I graduated from UC Berkeley, the #1 public university in the country, a top 5 university nationally, and a top 15 worldwide.
poll results like "best college/university" are very meaningless, but i'm curious as to your source.

one of the big ones lists UCal Berkeley at #21.

phew, my alma mater is higher. :p