Quantcast

yes or no

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
I'm thinking about geting a marzochi super monster, ya know the 12 inch travel fork for my 9 inch travel 02 kona stab primo:rolleyes: . See I would leave my marzochi shiver on for the local spots and put the super monster on for whistler. should i go for it or not? just looking for some opinions.:help:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
ioscope said:
YES, that would probably be fun at whistler.
i hope u are kidding...the would be the last fork i would run at whislter or anywhere for that matter...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
ryan/kona29 said:
not realy woried about wieght or handling, i'll adapt to all that.
ok sell your bike..u dont deserve to own one or call yourself a mtber....even better go to pinkbike.com....u will be welcome there

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
:stupid: it would look like crap...id like to see u take that to whistler...u would be the laughing stock of the mnt...actually there would probally be some prepubescent canadians that might think u are cool

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
dont you get it bro? DO NOT GET A SUPER MONSTER! you gotta be what, 16 years old? there is no way you will get "used" to pulling on your front end and feeling a 12 pound super monster there. you'll be nosediving every drop, jump, and stunt that you encounter. you wont be able to wheelie, and your bike will have the worst handling ever.

hey, at least if i ever see you riding i can make fun of your dumb ass for purchasing the worst good fork ever.
:p :p :p

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Answer/vote: "NO"

I like Marzocchi, but it is what it is.A 12" fork which has to be heavy enough with the way it's built to not break. I would imagine running like 4" of sag with that thing & hitting some big narly rock gardens.
But...... Really i think it's for drops.
It would probably be hard or very hard to unweight the front end to manual or anything like wheelie unless your an animal like "THE ROCK" Duane Johnson !

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
You guys are a bunch of e-litists.

I guarantee that none of you have even ridden one, neither have I.

Oh yeah... east coast hucker. Your bike is stupider than putting a supermonster on a stab. You'dd think you would have learned by now!

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I have been riding a super monster on a Banshee scream. It was funny on drops but very difficult to handle on normale DH and Freeride courses. It also became a very tall bike. I didnt think it was a problem pulling the bikes front up....that is just a matter of power. However, if I was you I would not go for the super monster but maybe a "normal" Monster instead. The geometry gets somewhat better I think.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
ioscope said:

Oh yeah... east coast hucker. Your bike is stupider than putting a supermonster on a stab. You'dd think you would have learned by now!
yea they are both lame

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
seismic said:
I have been riding a super monster on a Banshee scream. It was funny on drops but very difficult to handle on normale DH and Freeride courses. It also became a very tall bike. I didnt think it was a problem pulling the bikes front up....that is just a matter of power. However, if I was you I would not go for the super monster but maybe a "normal" Monster instead. The geometry gets somewhat better I think.
regular monsters are way to comon at whister, i've seen trains up there were there was at least 5or6 of them. whats the travel on those any ways.

Jun 9, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
ioscope said:

w/e
anyway I'm the one who's gonna be hucking with it:cool:

that was my P.3 with the same set up...

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
ioscope said:

Actually, I have ridden a super monster. It was ona KHS DH-50, and it sucked ass.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
888 06, it can handle anything the supermonster does. Just look at Carlin at the addidas slopestyle.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
i'm just going to go with the fox 40 dh. thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::cool:

J

JRB

ryan/kona29 said:
i'm just going to go with the fox 40 dh. thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::cool:
Smart choice.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
ryan/kona29 said:
regular monsters are way to comon at whister, i've seen trains up there were there was at least 5or6 of them. whats the travel on those any ways.
Theres a reason for that.

Why not just stick with your shiver? Those are great forks and the 40 is not going to be more burly for Whistler.