Quantcast

yes or no

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Keep the Shiver. The are really good forks, at least from my experience. Save the $1500 and pass on the 40. If you already havea Shiver then there are many other things that $1500 can go towards.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
ryan/kona29 said:
regular monsters are way to comon at whister, i've seen trains up there were there was at least 5or6 of them. whats the travel on those any ways.
Then go pose with your bike at a resort where Monsters are less popular... :rolleyes:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i can only see one person in the world who would need a super monster, and he goes by the name bender. although bender does nothing but freefall. i mean dont get me wrong it takes balls to go that big but id rather see someone style it out rather than just drop. with a super monster its almost impossible just because of the 12 lb fork and another 2 or 3 lbs of wheel. so your looking at about 14 to 15 lbs. so there is no style involved and thats a lot of weight added to your bike. so id go with a 888 for hucking and racing. if you plan on doing whistler and you plan to hit up some races 888 is the way to go. just my 2 cents man.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
WKC said:
Keep the Shiver. The are really good forks, at least from my experience. Save the $1500 and pass on the 40. If you already havea Shiver then there are many other things that $1500 can go towards.
I like my shiver, it is a great fork but i get tired of looking at the same boring silver:drool: . the fox 40 is on the other hand looks great(huge stanchions and great color).:rolleyes:

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
ryan/kona29 said:
I like my shiver, it is a great fork but i get tired of looking at the same boring silver:drool: . the fox 40 is on the other hand looks great(huge stanchions and great color).:rolleyes:
So you're going to spend $1500 just to make your bike look better?