Quantcast

Yes! The Trails Down the Street Ride Report

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well I was able to get out for an hour and a half tonight and I explored the trails down the street again. Here are some shots of what I have to enjoy just down the street a bit from me. This is just a sampling - I haven't explored all the little offshoots and spurs yet.

First thing I came across tonight were some dirtjumps - looks like the MX guys built em, but if you had a DJ bike you could definitely rock out on them:

This trail has your typical CT rocky sections on it in several spots:

Boot Hill - Steep! At the bottom of this section is a nice steam crossing.

More trail options next to Boot Hill

I followed the trail and rode up this section which takes you to another road located in the next town over (Farmington)

I turned around and ripped down it! 29" wheels haul ass on stuff like this!!

The Monkey!

As they often say, when you bomb down you often have to climb back up - and that holds true in these trails.

Plenty of roots on this trail - and a a rusty car or two as well........Rust Never Sleeps!

I explored about another half hour or so after this photo and headed back to my street and did about 10 more minutes or so of road riding. Nice thing about the 29er wheels - they work great on pavement too!

I think this one sums up my evening quite well:

Wooo Hooo!

Weather permitting, I plan to get out again in the morning! :dancing: :dancing:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
shorter than the distance from your house to the Nam trails - granted my trails aren't Nam by any stretch of the imagination, but they are trails just the same! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Exiwolfs are pretty high volume tires. I think I'm going to lower my psi down to around 30 for the next ride. I have up at about 35psi right now.