Quantcast

YESSSS! Cast-like thingy comes off and I'm free and clear in 3 weeks!!!!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
hev said:
having broken my hand twice in the past year, I know how excited and itchy you must be ;)... good luck with therapy.

thanks...I had a badly broken finger on the same hand last year that required surgery and a broken hand from a few weeks ago...I saw the same orthopedics guy and begged him to not put a cast...he put me on my honor to wear this fiberglass and cotton half cast thingy that went around the outside of my hand and wrapped on with an ace bandage only to be removed for showering. Not itchy this time, but it feels so liberating to not have that damn thing on!

hev

Chimp
May 18, 2004
somewhere near the apex
damn girlie, I thought I was the only one dumb enough to break my hand twice in a row:p. i basically did the same thing. surgery and then eight months later another broken hand. cast both times :(. dishes and cooking were the thing that pissed me off most about the cast....well they're pretty lame anyways but almost impossible with one hand. i made sure I could fit a pbr can in my cast so that drinkin wasn't a problem :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
what bones in your hand did you break? just curious as i shattered my wrsit and lower hand a couple weeks ago.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
wow. you've broken a lot of finger bones! my metecarpals were spared, but i shattered my scaphoid, my radius, tore out most of the ligaments in my wrist, and displaced my lunate, triquetral, pisiform, and capitate. i've got more hardware in there now than home depot.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Lucky you, i just saw a docter today and he said probibly 2-4 weeks more before the cast can come off for good, after a month of being on crutches already i must say this is starting to get old... Although i will say 3 days at Whistler was definitly worth it :D