Quantcast

Yesssssssss!!!!!!!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Man I just heard the coolest news. Not only do I am I getting paid to go to this Wakarusa concert/festival but my friends from jfjo have hooked me up with VIP and backstage passes for the whole thing :drool:

Apparently I will also be camping in the artist's area with jfjo which is apparently right between Keller WIlliams and Robert Walters 20th Congress :p

Anyway :thumb: 10 days... I cant wait.

And in true bike related fashion, I researched the area just a little and the lakeside trails (to which I also have full access less than 1/2 mile from my campsite) look stellar. I'll probably be riding them solo but fuhk it. Actually thats the downside, I am doing this whole festival thing by myself. Hopefully I will be able t at least find a competent MTBer to ride the trails with. Either way its going to be a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting some of my favorite bands :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
DANG... That is sweet... free beer! :evil:
It goes well beyond free beer. There are also 4 times each day (festival is 4 days long) where free food is served :D The VIP campsite has security (no worrying about my bike) a frikkin shower and clean bathrooms nearby... also apparently the site will have 3 large bonfires going on at night. Its gonna be an awesome party, luxury style. I'm use to roughing it at these festivals (i.e. hot dogs, water, no shower, and $hittn' in the woods for 3 days).

NOTE: Just caught this line in my original post, DOH... "Not only do I am I getting paid"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
-BB- said:
You gonna go to any of the Phish shows they are broadcasting to the movie theaters?
Was going to go to the one in Oklahoma City but methinks this Wakarusa 4 day festival is gonna be a better deal (the schedule is conflicting).

I have some friends that are going over to OKC to check it out, I'm sure it will be stellar. I may never see Phish live again... but its okay I guess, I have great memories of Phish tour. It isnt what it use to be anyway, the scene has gotten very superficial and slimy feeling, one of the reasons I think the boys are tossing in the towel.