Quantcast

yesterday sucked

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
work sucked - our SQL server was having a hissy fit all day and we couldnt figure out why :angry:

go home and find out my (clothes) washing maching is F'ed up :angry:

but who cares I just got my new fork to replace my trashed fork on my XC bike, bring it to LBS#1, even thou I'm the only customer there, and there is 4 employees - they cant spend 5 minutes to cut my steerer tube - until tommorrow - whatever I'll take my 3 rims (that I was going to have them true) and my fork and go to LBS#2, even thou they were busy they cut the steerer.....go home put it on the bike, last thing I do was fasten the disc brake on and F! the F'ing thing stripes! not the bolt but the fork itself! Ugggggh! :mumble:

Manitou better hook me up.

So now I come into work, and they have the frigging heat on, Hello its summer its suppose to be 82 today, and the AC is also on! :angry:

/end rant

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas - which bike shop was bike shop #2?

Sucks on the Fork - and you have to wait til later today to call because Mantou is left coast right?

Hope your washing machine isn't too F'd up.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
LBS#2=Down Tube

LBS#1 = CK (Klarsfeld's)
Me: "is there anyway you can cut the steerer today?"
dude: "did you get this fork from here?"
me: "no"
dude: "well, WHERE did you get it from"
me: "Jenson"
dude to his buddy: "check this fork out, its super light"
dude to me: "nope, we cant do it today, but you can leave it"
me: "bye"

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
CK is usually pretty good - I've always received good customer service at the downtube though - even though their selection of brands is limited - they usually are friendly and helpful.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
douglas said:
LBS#2=Down Tube

LBS#1 = CK (Klarsfeld's)
Me: "is there anyway you can cut the steerer today?"
dude: "did you get this fork from here?"
me: "no"
dude: "well, WHERE did you get it from"
me: "Jenson"
dude to his buddy: "check this fork out, its super light"
dude to me: "nope, we cant do it today, but you can leave it"
me: "bye"
Who knows why shops feel the incessant need to delay things till a week after they should be when there are no other customers in the shop at the time and it is nothing more than needing them to do a small task with a tool that you dont have.

Sucks about the washing machine and fork.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Did you overtorqued (I doubt it) of was is defective form the get go??

My condolences on your lost... I know you cared a lot about that washinbg machine... ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
DOH!
re: washing machine - maybe a cheap part (the timer thingy doesnt move, it will stay on wash indefinitely, and if I move it manually it will stay where ever I put it indefinitely) but its an old washer...and to have to take a day off from work to stay home waiting for a repair dude will suck

re:Manitou - havent had a chance to call yet (more sever problems today)

re: overtorqued, I've used A LOT more torque tightening various other bolts/brakes before - and never over torqued anything - I put more torque on the other bolt and it held - no problem

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
short bolts & magnisum = stripped!!

But Manitou will hook me up.

So my choices are:

1)the send me the casting assymbly and I do it

2)I send the fork back

3)A LBS does it

so I never worked on a fork before, If its something i can do - I'd rather do it myself

what do you guys think?
:help:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
what do you guys think?
First, stay the f*ck out of shop #1. I went there a couple of times, for a tire, and gloves, and pretty much experienced the same thing. I will not spend another dime there. They give you an attitude if you aren't one of there buddies, IMO. The Downtube is cool, but they charge a little more than the others in the area. A good place to take things when you want them done right. :)

Try 3D in Clifton Park, or go see Chris @ Elevate next time. Both are good shops.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
douglas said:
short bolts & magnisum = stripped!!

But Manitou will hook me up.

So my choices are:

1)the send me the casting assymbly and I do it

2)I send the fork back

3)A LBS does it

so I never worked on a fork before, If its something i can do - I'd rather do it myself

what do you guys think?
:help:
If it is free, I would let a shop do it or send it in.