Quantcast

yesterday's race

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
anyone else race at n* yesterday? and was your time right? i know that this has been discussed over and over again... but the fact that I KNOW my time was wrong is annoying. even the guy behind me was like, 'hey. your time is definitely off'. that's all i've got to say.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I didn't race but I was there riding and snapping pics and yeah there were a lot of people pissed about timing.

I got some race pics so let me know your number and/or what you were riding and wearing and I'll try to post 'em up later on tonight. I'll post a few anyway, among others I got a decent pic of Sanjay and some dude riding a yeti rail bike...

DHinFool

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
You have to expect North*'s timing to be off, it has been for the past 3 years.

Getting pissed about the poor timing at North* is like getting pissed at a dog for licking its balls, one just has to expect it.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
DHinFool said:
You have to expect North*'s timing to be off, it has been for the past 3 years.

Getting pissed about the poor timing at North* is like getting pissed at a dog for licking its balls, one just has to expect it.
i know. i know. it's a bummer because i like racing there because i like the people who come out for the races. it's a good community. and at least i know when i'm doing better and going faster. i guess i should have just saved my $25 and got more riding in.

DHinFool

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
kidwoo said:
Not really.......town's (dhtahoe) timing system was right on. The problem is new as are the people running the races.
OK, maybe they have only had problems the past 2 seasons, 04 & 05. But this is not a "New" problem, it has been on going for a couple years now.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
J_B said:
Black TLD lid, red Azonic jersey, black TLD shorts riding a Black Turner DHR w/Fox 40. bib #527
JB, I've got one decent pic of you from in the twisties near the end of the course but the file is too large and my primitive software won't let me re-size. Drop me a PM an email address or something and I will send it to you. I'll try to resize the others as well but right now all the files are like 10 times too big...I am much better with bikes than 'lectronics... :rolleyes:

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
OGRipper said:
JB, I've got one decent pic of you from in the twisties near the end of the course but the file is too large and my primitive software won't let me re-size. Drop me a PM an email address or something and I will send it to you. I'll try to resize the others as well but right now all the files are like 10 times too big...I am much better with bikes than 'lectronics... :rolleyes:
Ok, I'll drop you a pm with email. Thanks alot! :thumb:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
DHinFool said:
OK, maybe they have only had problems the past 2 seasons, 04 & 05. But this is not a "New" problem, it has been on going for a couple years now.
Yeah when the booted me as the promotor. The timing system they use is for ski racing. That system does not allow for passing and only a few riders at a time. The system I used allowed for 999 riders on the course at once and all passes that can and will happen. If ONE pass happens the ski system goes nuts, and it's guessing from that point on. NO WAY TO FIX IT!!!! That's why I didn't race my home mountain this year. I KNEW THE TIMING WAS GOING TO BE OFF!!! Do a search about this I called it MONTHS AGO. As long a Kyle (evil has a name) and his bro bra crew run the races this is the way it will be. Those guys REALLY think they know what they are doing... no kidding. They will look you right in the eye and tell you so. The first race I turned a 3:54. In my second run turned a 3:43 after a fall that caused me to get stuck in my clips, had to remove my shoe to get it out, then put my shoe back on, and remount the bike. Ten seconds faster I DON"T THINK SO!!! Kyle swore up and down that was right.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
dhtahoe said:
Those guys REALLY think they know what they are doing... no kidding. They will look you right in the eye and tell you so.
that's exactly the feeling i have. is that they REALLY think they know what they're doing and the racers are all being cry babies.

i'm torn because i don't want to waste my money on racing there, but then what other girls are there going to be? Last race was me, 1 girl in expert, and 1 pro girl. Race before that was just me and one other girl racing. It just feels like there needs to be some more girls out there and racing. What to do.... What to do.....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dhtahoe said:
Yeah when the booted me as the promotor. The timing system they use is for ski racing. That system does not allow for passing and only a few riders at a time. The system I used allowed for 999 riders on the course at once and all passes that can and will happen. If ONE pass happens the ski system goes nuts, and it's guessing from that point on. NO WAY TO FIX IT!!!! That's why I didn't race my home mountain this year. I KNEW THE TIMING WAS GOING TO BE OFF!!! Do a search about this I called it MONTHS AGO. As long a Kyle (evil has a name) and his bro bra crew run the races this is the way it will be. Those guys REALLY think they know what they are doing... no kidding. They will look you right in the eye and tell you so. The first race I turned a 3:54. In my second run turned a 3:43 after a fall that caused me to get stuck in my clips, had to remove my shoe to get it out, then put my shoe back on, and remount the bike. Ten seconds faster I DON"T THINK SO!!! Kyle swore up and down that was right.
Thanks for your input. I know you are directly involved with N* (or used to be), and it is embarassing to know the races cannot be run correctly. People will still come out to race, as it is the only game in town, but personal pride apparently is lacking with the new race staff.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
sanjuro said:
Thanks for your input. I know you are directly involved with N* (or used to be), and it is embarassing to know the races cannot be run correctly. People will still come out to race, as it is the only game in town, but personal pride apparently is lacking with the new race staff.
Same course for two years, bad timing,poor course marking, and a much lower pro purse. This guy that replaced me "was there to step things up to a new level". Yeah a lower one!!!

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I don't think the race was organized very well either. For the hell of it, I decided to race pro this past weekend since I wanted to ride dogbone.. and I went up and asked the guy if they could put me last in line so I didn't end up holding up the real pro racers. The guy told me that they'd do something about it, not to worry, and just go. I got out of most everybody's way, except for one racer at the end when I just simply didn't hear him (sorry again if you're out there reading this!!). I'm not so sure the guys knew what they were doing either, I heard one racer couldn't find the actual course in between the trails. He ended up going up the fireroad or something, and then came back down when he realized it was wrong! Hopefully they do something about it next year. It was definitely fun, but I heard a decent amount of complaints.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
dhtahoe said:
Same course for two years, bad timing,poor course marking, and a much lower pro purse. This guy that replaced me "was there to step things up to a new level". Yeah a lower one!!!
and now no prizes for anyone in the top 3. the raffle is cool (and it would be even cooler if i won the fork), but how about showing the racers you appreciate them by giving them something other than medals...

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
That's how I did it and had a raffle too. That happens when the staff takes home more than we do. I know of one person that has a Fox fork that they should not have. You know who you are so if you read this... That fork was for the racers not your personal use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more thing... Kyle stick to ski racing you are not wanted here. YOU DO A HORRIBLE JOB!!! Thank you for wrecking all my hard work for your own personal gain. Ya f**King tool.

MrCrash907

Chimp
Jan 26, 2004
El Bunny, California
amydalayna said:
i'm torn because i don't want to waste my money on racing there, but then what other girls are there going to be? Last race was me, 1 girl in expert, and 1 pro girl. Race before that was just me and one other girl racing. It just feels like there needs to be some more girls out there and racing. What to do.... What to do.....
How would you have placed in the men's race? Does that option exist for you?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sunday morning I was considering racing just for the heck of it. Every time I asked the race crew where the race course was I got different answers. Based on that and some of the other things I heard, I concluded that the crew did not have a clue and that I didn't want to waste my time. Solution: Boondocks here I come...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dhtahoe said:
That's how I did it and had a raffle too. That happens when the staff takes home more than we do. I know of one person that has a Fox fork that they should not have. You know who you are so if you read this... That fork was for the racers not your personal use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more thing... Kyle stick to ski racing you are not wanted here. YOU DO A HORRIBLE JOB!!! Thank you for wrecking all my hard work for your own personal gain. Ya f**King tool.
I think people have to understand organizing races is like running a charity, you better be willing to work hard and sacrifice for your fellow riders, or everyone will know what you are really doing...