Quantcast

Yet another Avalanche thread

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Right, I'm only asking here as a last resort... I've emailed Craig a few times, as has my friend, and we haven't received a definite answer... so hopefull you :monkey:'s could help:

I am looking to purchase an Avalanche off a friend. Dimensions and valving are what I need, I'm only stuck with sorting out the small hardware.
So, how much do new bushing reducers (just the stainless steel parts) cost?
And, has anyone had to change the orientation of the hose, if so, how did you go about it? I'm hoping I can buy a different hose connection piece, and have a moto shop do the work and recharge the shock for me. Is this possible at all, or does the shock need to be sent back to be rebuilt by Avalanche? The reason I ask, is my location is rather far away, and having to post it back and forth would add even more to my projected expenses, so getting it done here would be nice.

Your help is greatly appreciated, as nice a guy as Craig as been in his emails, and more than willing to help with my questions, I haven't received definite answers for the above 2 questions, and that's all my shock purchase decision is revolving around.
Thanks in advance, your help is appreciated!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When I recently bought new hardware it was something like $25 total (top/bottom sets). Take the shock to a moto shop re: the hose coupler. Given how most of the parts of Avy are common to moto shocks, my guess is that they can source/replace the part. A moto shop can also recharge the nitrogen, see the avy site for the correct pressure for your shock.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Not a bad idea re: hose coupler, I might look in to that. But since I am bumping this thread up, anyone else have any knowledge of the above?