Quantcast

Yet another boring house building thread

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I had this house designed with the intention of doing it as a 'spec' house but i have a contract on it, so it will be a semi-custom build now.

Spec's:
1785_sf heated/3br/2ba/2 car swing-entry garage/open floor plan
Sold: $208,900

Front Elevation

Floor Plan (note this plan is a mirror image/reversed of the plan i am building to)

Fri
Forms and dirt work

Mon
Helical piers for foundation

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Tue the plumbing was roughed in

Wed the beam diggers got the foundation dug out and the poly installed. The foundation was pre-trated for those nasty termites. The post-tention contractor will be in this afternoon to install the post-tension cables.

Tomorrow morn the carpenter will install the brick-shelf and the floating forms. Then it will be inspected for Fri morning's pour.

Fri we will have the slab poured and the framing lumber delivered.

Sat the carpenter will pop lines on the slab, lay sill plate and start nailing up walls.

:)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Lotta house for 210. What sort of swampy, banjo playing, backwater town do you have to live in to score for that price?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why don't houses in the US ever have basements?

They are usually a costly upgrade if you don't have to dig halfway to China to get below the frost line and I'm pretty sure basements in Louisiana are called swimming pools.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FTW.

show me a buildable acre or so of land for under 200K near a metro area in the northeast that isn't a superfund site.
There are lots around here right under the airports glide path going for $200+, 100 miles from DC metro.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
50,000$ for a foundation?! iv seen basements cut into solid rock and poured for probably about a little more than half that in my area?!?! awell i hope they did a good job anyway.