Quantcast

Yet another boring house building thread

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Nothing much going on the exterior but the interior has been trimmed and the cabinets installed and now it"s being painted.

This house has been sold the the colors are what the customer wants. I think it will be great with the furniture and accessories.

The main color is a beige with a blue and a green accent wall. The alder wood cab's are stained with a 'warm chestnut' stain.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Starting on a house on a golf course that has close to a 1000_sf garage... it features dual 18' garage doors...

lucky bastid!

You ever do an Option ARM on your properties?
No... i dont finance them... buyers have to find their own lending company.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Now working on Casa de Mondo Garage

Featuring dual 18' garage doors.... just think of the bike/kakak/gear storage! This is a side shot showing the 45' header that spans the garage door openings.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Very cool N8:thumb:

framing pix are about 7 days old... the house is now decked and most of the interior ceilings are finished now...

this house sits on 1.2 acres of upscale golf course property that the owner bought for $45k. The build will be around $350k... appraised retail value $475k for 3200_sf of conditioned space.

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
I'm always amazed by how inexpensively you can build in some other parts of the country....

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Gold course house continues... this one has a lot of energy efficient items in it...

For the roof decking i used my standard rediant foil backed OSB, the build uses low E windows, 16 SEER/2-speed compressor/variable speed drive AC units, and blown-in cellulose (ground-up newspaper) insulation which has nearly a 100% fill....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
two questions I'm confused about:

1. The blown in cellulose. That's what my contractor put in my ceiling. But it's crumbly and doesn't bond to anything. Is that a different form that is tacky and won't pack down over time?

2. The Waco booth. What's up in that turret room? Long range rifle and tripod?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
kindof looks like it should be at the bootom of a small ski mtn, one area/spot for ski&board rentals, one's food, and the other is a big bathroom/locker room.