Quantcast

Yet another boring ride thread until.........

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
partsbara said:
thats what ya get for livin in a swamp...

thats a decent size joe blake... poisonous ??

I don't know.. I tend to think of all snakes colored like that as cotton mouths which are poisonous.... I wasn't gonna poke at it and find out though... "Crikey!"

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Opeth said:
You sure it's a cotton mouth? I'm not sure, but I don't think cotton mouths go up trees.

I don't think it was poisonous because it doesn't have a fat tringular head... but I still wasn't gonna poke at it with a stick!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
That's what you'd call a Chicken Snake/King Snake/Rat Snake. Common throughout the eastern US. Colors often vary. In TN they are mostly just black. Big guys they are. Known for eating rats, chicken eggs (not chickens unless babies) and other pests. Not harmful to humans.
A cotton mouth would likely be darker in color and not as big. They are short fattys, like copperheads.

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
yeah cotton mouths stay small, thoes black snakes are harmless just scare the hell out of you when you run them over in the middle of the trail while their sunning

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ack! I H8 snakes. Can't stand em. It's a phobia of some sort, and I realize that but I still hate em. At least out here the nasty ones will warn you before they bite you.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
Ack! I H8 snakes. Can't stand em. It's a phobia of some sort, and I realize that but I still hate em. At least out here the nasty ones will warn you before they bite you.
:stupid: some will warn you here. I am a huge pussy about them. I'm ok with that.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BurlyShirley said:
That's what you'd call a Chicken Snake/King Snake/Rat Snake. Common throughout the eastern US. Colors often vary. In TN they are mostly just black. Big guys they are.QUOTE]

Yep, I agree, that's what it has to be, just I've never seen one that brown before.