Quantcast

Yet another computer question, this one is about Photoshop and final Cut..

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hey guys, Me Again.

So I spent an hour or so on this file in photo shop. I used the stamp tool, eraser, blur tool, and paintbrush. (maybe a few others)

I went to import it into Final Cut Pro HD, and it looks like crap. When it is still in Photoshop, it looks great, but when in Final Cut, all the areas I used the stamp and blur on are totally pixelated and crappy looking.

Any ideas?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Skookum said:
i can't wait til i get my new camera and buy photoshop and get frustrated like everyone else. :thumb:

No, playing around with photos and doing your own stuff in photochop is FUN! I love that.

Getting told you have to get somthing done for a show you are working on and they don't give you the equiptment you need, the time you need, or anything else you need, thats when it gets frustrating.

To put this in prospective, I was given a Powerbook G4 2 days before I was supposed to have ~75 images cropped, sized, touched up, and loaded in for projection onto a 26'x16' screen on the back wall of our theatre for the show that opens soon. and thats on top of classes and homework and the such.

This is the reason I have not been around much lately, stoopid show!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
BigMike said:
No, playing around with photos and doing your own stuff in photochop is FUN! I love that.

Getting told you have to get somthing done for a show you are working on and they don't give you the equiptment you need, the time you need, or anything else you need, thats when it gets frustrating.

To put this in prospective, I was given a Powerbook G4 2 days before I was supposed to have ~75 images cropped, sized, touched up, and loaded in for projection onto a 26'x16' screen on the back wall of our theatre for the show that opens soon. and thats on top of classes and homework and the such.

This is the reason I have not been around much lately, stoopid show!
HAHAHA!!! you should slip that pic of you in the goth transvestite garb into the presentation just for like 10 frames. :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
BigMike said:
Nevermind, I figured it out.

If anyone else runs into this problem, you have to flatten the layers before you save it ;)
So does final cut not support layers or does it not support PSD files with layers correctly?

NOTE: I'm curious because I use layered (god I love that feature) tiffs all the friggin time with no problems at all.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
TN said:
HAHAHA!!! you should slip that pic of you in the goth transvestite garb into the presentation just for like 10 frames. :D

Well, the show is a musical about the Civil War, so I think someone would notice. Maybe............. 1 frame :sneaky:

I did however take on of the projections of Abraham Lincoln and make open his mouth and have a thought bubble and talk. I was SOOOOOOOOO bored at technical rehearsal because its going so slow that I was just playing around in image ready. I'll try and put that up somtime today, its actually kinda funny. (although its probably only funny to me, because I have had to spend so much time with these pics)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
golgiaparatus said:
So does final cut not support layers or does it not support PSD files with layers correctly?

NOTE: I'm curious because I use layered (god I love that feature) tiffs all the friggin time with no problems at all.
It was not displaying a PSD file correctly. I dunno why. I flattened it and exported as a Jpeg, no problem. :confused:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
golgiaparatus said:

It supports PSD files with layers. It imports each layer on its own vid channel & composites them. Its pretty cool because you can manipulate each layer on its own. AfterEffects does the same thing.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
TN said:
It supports PSD files with layers. It imports each layer on its own vid channel & composites them. Its pretty cool because you can manipulate each layer on its own. AfterEffects does the same thing.
Are you talking about Premire, or Final Cut? AfterEffects is Adobe, so thats why it imports layered stuff. Is final cut supposed to do the same?