Quantcast

*** Yet another Friday ***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Been traveling full time to find what parts of the country I wanted to build the summer and winter places. Settled on next to Toshi’s parents in the summer and Mexican border in the winter
So next door to nutjobs in the summer and with the cartels in the winter...got it :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ugh. Minor seizure/aura. Guess I'm gonna take a nap and call it a day.

Need to take Haley to the race shop to confirm suit size this afternoon. She wants a particular suit, but the price difference is the cost of the new collar that she wants. She doesn't like her Leatt and wants to go back to a foam collar. She also is about ready to go up a size for her helmet, so that means new helmet and tinted shield vs. clear, and a lighter one (~60% the weight) is an extra $100. She should get her new motor by eom.

This is going to be a big month... [Insert crying]

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Post ass-surgery. Woke up feeling a lot more groggy than other surgeries. My ass hurt. Got some more oxys before traveling. Overall it's easier to move around though compared to some of my past surgeries, especially stairs and stuff. Surgery was only an hour or less. Now recovery and probably a few weeks till I can ride bikes...but plenty of time to order parts for bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ugh. Minor seizure/aura. Guess I'm gonna take a nap and call it a day.

Need to take Haley to the race shop to confirm suit size this afternoon. She wants a particular suit, but the price difference is the cost of the new collar that she wants. She doesn't like her Leatt and wants to go back to a foam collar. She also is about ready to go up a size for her helmet, so that means new helmet and tinted shield vs. clear, and a lighter one (~60% the weight) is an extra $100. She should get her new motor by eom.

This is going to be a big month... [Insert crying]
tell her to get a job.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Post ass-surgery. Woke up feeling a lot more groggy than other surgeries. My ass hurt. Got some more oxys before traveling. Overall it's easier to move around though compared to some of my past surgeries, especially stairs and stuff. Surgery was only an hour or less. Now recovery and probably a few weeks till I can ride bikes...but plenty of time to order parts for bikes.
Did you accidentally one of those new ebike saddles and get it stuck or something?
Second thoughts, don't answer that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Speaking of surgery, I finally just got a date nailed down to remove the IVC filter that is apparently a ticking time bomb. Dec 26th. So, RIP my ski season, but not RIP me. Or something. :rolleyes:
You won't be out long, no? And plus that's exactly when you don't want to be skiing, although Monarch doesn't get pounded with tourists, I imagine.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Sold seed, made ad, sent mailing, set up another dealer potentially.
Twas a Good Friday. Our drying bins are full and currently drying. Local elevator is full of wet corn by 10 am. So no green machine for me today. Really should zwift or something. First time to make a giant leaf pile for the kiddo to dive in.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Speaking of surgery, I finally just got a date nailed down to remove the IVC filter that is apparently a ticking time bomb. Dec 26th. So, RIP my ski season, but not RIP me. Or something. :rolleyes:
pops is getting his other eye laser modified next week and the other knee replaced in december...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She seems to be headed there; it'd seem to be important to also make her aware that it's profitable to maintain one's own life external to stardom.
Totally. She has a totally separate life and it's always a "do you want to go to the track?" It's not always yes, but usually.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wasn't a bad day at work but I wish we would do an inspection before taking on major work for new customers with old machines.
IMG_20231110_205228.jpg

I'm not allowed to do structural welds and can't do a vertical up on 1.5"± thick steel anyway.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Goddamn, things I want. I haven't been near lift-serviced riding in years. Then again, even in CA I doubt I'll be doing much of it. If I was, tho...I'd want to do it on this...

1699688575466.png