Quantcast

Yet another Nano inquiry

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So my 4GB Nano emits a somewhat faint high pitched "squeal" when I turn it on. Anybody else experience this?

And narlus - have one of your kids listen for it. I know your hearing is too nuked to heart this frequency. :p

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I have a 2G 8GB model in a thick lexan belkin case, but I always stick it in my pocket or glovebox of my car, so I have no idea.

Its definately reported by other 2G Nano users. Do you have the latest firmware for the nano - I updated my nano before I even sync'd it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it (I haven't had time to read in to the problem), but its just a suggestion.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have a 2G 8GB model in a thick lexan belkin case, but I always stick it in my pocket or glovebox of my car, so I have no idea.

Its definately reported by other 2G Nano users. Do you have the latest firmware for the nano - I updated my nano before I even sync'd it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it (I haven't had time to read in to the problem), but its just a suggestion.
I hate fu**ing with this electronic crap. :mad: I'll try updating the firmware.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Apple, it just works...usually, sometimes, maybe :busted:

It looks like they don't offer the newer iPod updaters separately anymore:

Get the latest iPod software updates.

iTunes 7 makes it one-click easy to update the software on your iPod. iTunes keeps your iPod up to date by notifying you when a new update is ready. The built-in summary page in iTunes shows you full stats for your iPod, and if you’re software’s out of date, you can click once to update it. You can even restore your iPod to its original settings with one click.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I noticed that the new Nanos do not fit into the 1st generation docks. They've moved the connection over slightly.

Other than that, Apple rules!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have a 1 gig creative zen I'll sell ya. Keepin my 4 gig and nano. (They are both pretty much the same)