Quantcast

yet ANOTHER problem with boxxer...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
CraigH said:
When I was at the Rock Shox truck at Whistler on Sunday, another guy was having the same problem. Apparently there is a replacement bottom out bumper or something that stops this from happening. Maybe contact RS?
Yep, I replaced my stock ones with the new style. It sucked partially up into my compression dummy leg (03 Race) and essentially added a ton of stiction ;) I destroyed the old bumper getting it out. It was only after a year that it finally sucked up into the fork so I can't really comment on the ability of the new bumper to not get sucked up....I guess in about a year I will have something to compare it to. :D

It takes very little time to swap them do it with your next oil change.

Rhino

CraigH

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
Vancouver, BC Canada
Thanks to the guys in the SRAM/Rock Shox trailer @ Whislter on Sunday!

They rebuilt my fork first thing Sunday morning (after it started leaking Saturday night) allowing me to ride Sunday afternoon.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! :thumb:

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
CraigH said:
Thanks to the guys in the SRAM/Rock Shox trailer @ Whislter on Sunday!

They rebuilt my fork first thing Sunday morning (after it started leaking Saturday night) allowing me to ride Sunday afternoon.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! :thumb:

They ought to have more trailers on the road in SoCal... I have a Rock Shox Psylo that is blown up and am awaiting new seals. :mumble:

Replacement: FOX VANILLA 125 RLC. Its a quick solution to the problem :D I've given them (RS) many chances and yet I have problems with my forks and rear shocks in less than a year... I'll keep my mind open but it will take some convincing to make it worthwhile buying another RS.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
John... one word... well actually three numbers...888! You said you wanted one, and i think u deserve one and that poor poor BOXXER has some serious ride time after seth and all... I say ride it untill you can get your 888!

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
cali4niabiker said:
They ought to have more trailers on the road in SoCal... I have a Rock Shox Psylo that is blown up and am awaiting new seals. :mumble:

Replacement: FOX VANILLA 125 RLC. Its a quick solution to the problem :D I've given them (RS) many chances and yet I have problems with my forks and rear shocks in less than a year... I'll keep my mind open but it will take some convincing to make it worthwhile buying another RS.
if you arent mechanically challenged and really want your fork back to working condition again, heres how to do it

remove dust seals with a screwdriver and leave them on the stanchions

now remove the lower legs (youll need to undo the caliper) and proceed to remove the oil seal.

big if
newer psylos have integrated dust/oil seals, if so then this wont work for you

now, the psylo oil seal is a 30mm ID and 39mm OD, this is pretty hard to find but you can substitute with a 30mm ID / 40mm OD seal that you just grind half a mm of rubber from the outside on

the good thing about this is that marzocchi uses 30mm ID / 40mm OD seals on their forks, actually all SC marzos up to 2002 use this seal and we all know how good it is.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
CBJ said:
JM you can come back with your comments when you have run a struggeling fork company :cool:

Yours,

BadestMonkey

It's been a struggle since 1998 to "seal" a boxxer. :cool: