Quantcast

Yet another reason to hate Micro$oft...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
An email about the USB drive they never sent me, the f@ckers:

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today.

Simply download* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.
Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.

Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Corporation

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ciaran said:
You need a windows license? What version? I'll PM a few to you.
That's funny! Thanks for the offer, but I have more than I could use. Hell, one would be more than I need since I don't even have a windows box at the moment. :D Besides, if I needed one, I think there are as many as 2 windows boxes in this office somewhere.

Im just pissed I went through the stupid survey to get a free USB drive and didn't even get one. Someone here got one, right? Please tell me SOMEBODY got one.