Quantcast

>> Yet another Saturday <<

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Currently slouched down on the couch with a mug of coffee and the local news on TV, thinking I should probably get my ass in gear and do stuff.

I like the local news. It isn't all doom and gloom like the national news is.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning, special people

drinking coffee and thinking about making some breakfast, supposed to ride a bike today, no idea when or where, but weather should be great.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
How do people do this? I need to know when, where, with whom, and a general idea of the route and distance of said ride, and I need to know at least the day before.
well babs, what I did was send out a text to a buddy that said "want to ride bikes?" and he said "yea" and then that was it. so, sometime this morning we'll exchange too many texts that basically say "where do you want to ride, and what time?" and we'll then have solved this problem.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Morning. Espresso in the camper while I attempt to be motivated for work. It's 44°f outside and I will be out there all day

Babs you are like my wife. Everything planned. Me? I have no plans I just go do something someplace. Lots of times I end up changing my mind halfway to places and go off exploring.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hertz emailing me a week later about damage to right rear quater panel of car...

the quarter panel i stared at every time i filled up....that quarter panel...

ummm....nope....not when i returned it..

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
To annoy babs I don't yet know where I want to ride today.

Tweaked my knee a week ago so not sure what it will cope with...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Study. Need to go to ski shop with Haley today to figure out boot options and helmet. Also about time to start looking into snow tires and getting my clear bra installed. Have to get a few paint nicks fix first though, so premium shop it is. Ugh. Fucking expensive.

How do people do this? I need to know when, where, with whom, and a general idea of the route and distance of said ride, and I need to know at least the day before.
Giant mountains 2.5 minutes from his house really help a lot.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What is this planning shit? Folks with Jobs and Kids and their infernal planning. If you plan on having Waffles on Thursday and have them on Friday instead. Are they not still delicious?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
After briefly being traffic on 93 in Golden I’m now perched on a rock. Looks like 6th and the Mrs are here!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That was fun. Me on electric + them not is the perfect combo.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm into my third day without my corset after a surgeon told me in my post-op follow-up that my bones are healed and I don't need it anymore. Now I'm onto the task of rebuilding the soft-tissues. And holy hell, am I every surprised at how much my back aches now, all the time. My physio routine is about 30 minutes long, and I'm supposed to do it 3x/day, but can only manage 2. I'm also supposed to walk every day, at least 2 miles, though I aim for 2.5...

I'm also hindered in my rehab by a floating bone fragment in my left elbow. It's been there for about 2 years now. It hasn't really been a major issue until now; it occasionally locks and gets tender. But anytime I do anything that requires full flexion of the elbow (push-ups, bench press), it gets irritated, swollen and painful. There's a few such exercises in my rehab currently. The surgeon I saw a couple of years ago said that as long as it wasn't an issue, it's best to just leave it. But if it becomes a problem, he'll schedule a surgery to remove the fragment. I'm thinking that it is hindering me in my rehab now, and I wonder if this wouldn't be a good time to book the surgery. My winter may not be a write-off, but it won't be a "normal" winter. Could be a good time to git'r done?

But I wonder if two surgeries in the space of a few months might not be a bit much, and if I'm better to wait till next year to get this done...

I'm into my third day without my corset after a surgeon told me in my post-op follow-up that my bones are healed and I don't need it anymore. Now I'm onto the task of rebuilding the soft-tissues. And holy hell, am I every surprised at how much my back aches now, all the time. My physio routine is about 30 minutes long, and I'm supposed to do it 3x/day, but can only manage 2. I'm also supposed to walk every day, at least 2 miles, though I aim for 2.5...

I'm also hindered in my rehab by a floating bone fragment in my left elbow. It's been there for about 2 years now. It hasn't really been a major issue until now; it occasionally locks and gets tender. But anytime I do anything that requires full flexion of the elbow (push-ups, bench press), it gets irritated, swollen and painful. There's a few such exercises in my rehab currently. The surgeon I saw a couple of years ago said that as long as it wasn't an issue, it's best to just leave it. But if it becomes a problem, he'll schedule a surgery to remove the fragment. I'm thinking that it is hindering me in my rehab now, and I wonder if this wouldn't be a good time to book the surgery. My winter may not be a write-off, but it won't be a "normal" winter. Could be a good time to git'r done?

But I wonder if two surgeries in the space of a few months might not be a bit much, and if I'm better to wait till next year to get this done...
It'd seem to me that removal's appropriate.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
well babs, what I did was send out a text to a buddy that said "want to ride bikes?" and he said "yea" and then that was it. so, sometime this morning we'll exchange too many texts that basically say "where do you want to ride, and what time?" and we'll then have solved this problem.
We flipped a coin. Heads= Mule Deer won out. It was stellar, and counts as first semi-spotty snowy ride of the year.
20211016_135636.jpg

Buddy Mike

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
short ride with the kiddo was fun. felt good to get out. lots of house chores...making stew w/bison meat. drinks on the porch afterwards. weather for the entire next week is sunny and ~ 75/55 ftw. moar bikes will be ridden, dadgummit!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone ever had dull uncomfortable pain around their elbow before?

I had a tiny bit of discomfort on Monday at Mont Sainte Anne, but today it was becoming increasingly annoying. Especially when gripping the bars and yanking up over logs and whatnot.

Hard to explain the discomfort, it's not that it hurts in one spot, it's all over the elbow area.

Hmmmm.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Has anyone ever had dull uncomfortable pain around their elbow before?

I had a tiny bit of discomfort on Monday at Mont Sainte Anne, but today it was becoming increasingly annoying. Especially when gripping the bars and yanking up over logs and whatnot.

Hard to explain the discomfort, it's not that it hurts in one spot, it's all over the elbow area.

Hmmmm.
Maybe cut back on burping the worm?