Quantcast

yet ANOTHER snowshoe question - ? about the bike shop though

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
having only been to snowshoe once and that was for the 24 hour race 2 years ago... i was just wondering what type of stuff will be available in the bike shop to buy? i don't see much info. on the shop on the website except rental rates, hours, ticket sales, etc...

i'm hoping that the shop will have a selection of DH tires for sale. what i have so far is nice for hardpacked conditions and i want to pick up something more knobby. it would be cool to actually check out a variety of DH tires in a shop as well since they don't quite feel the same on my monitor.

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by whale
having only been to snowshoe once and that was for the 24 hour race 2 years ago... i was just wondering what type of stuff will be available in the bike shop to buy? i don't see much info. on the shop on the website except rental rates, hours, ticket sales, etc...

i'm hoping that the shop will have a selection of DH tires for sale. what i have so far is nice for hardpacked conditions and i want to pick up something more knobby. it would be cool to actually check out a variety of DH tires in a shop as well since they don't quite feel the same on my monitor.
Well I remember seeing an ad for some new dh tires (think it was kenda) and that they were the official tire of snowshoe, so u can probably pick those up.

ZAW

Chimp
Feb 8, 2004
Fairfx
I was at snowshoe last year and they had a whole wall of tires, including kenda, intense, and maxxis. That shop seemed really well stocked and apparently they have a new one this year.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
do you mean for the nationals or for the freeride festival? for NORBA, all the big manufacturers have booths you can buy stuff from.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Originally posted by ZAW
I was at snowshoe last year and they had a whole wall of tires, including kenda, intense, and maxxis. That shop seemed really well stocked and apparently they have a new one this year.
SWEET! i'm sure they will make a killing off of people that need (break) stuff up there... so, it will be nice to have a well stocked shop around.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Originally posted by SpasticJack
do you mean for the nationals or for the freeride festival? for NORBA, all the big manufacturers have booths you can buy stuff from.
i'm talking about just any old weekend that you want to ride the new freeride park, DH trails, etc...

but specifically, this weekend!