Quantcast

Yet another Urban DH Race

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
After more than 6 years, Taxco, Gurrero, México got another Urban DH Race
The rider list included Brendan Fairclough, Mitch Ropelato, Chris Van Dine, Katie Holden, Luana Oliveira, Mauricio Acuña among other international riders, B-Dog got the first position followed by one of Chile's top riders Mauricio and then by Neko Mullaly, in the women's field Luana kicked serious butt.

Check the videos

Enjoy

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Is that Will White at about 5.10 going for the big no footer?

That video is a great example of how not to make a race video.

Edit: thanks for posting it anyway, always amusing to see WC riders effortlessly steeze jumps that the majority of the field is bobbling over

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Crazy! Is that Neko M at around 7:50?

It is bananas how the recognizable WC guys seem to be getting the gap right and styling, while many others destroy themselves overshooting or just getting the speed wrong.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This one of the coolest looking courses I've seen to date. Would love to ride that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This one of the coolest looking courses I've seen to date. Would love to ride that.
im not gonna lie,

i would die trying to finish that course.
for me, the craziest section was that steep part about 1/3 of the way in. It seems like a crazy chute, with no opportunity to brake, and potentially fatal consquences should you clip your bar or a pedal or something... or maybe the video makes it seems steeper than it actually is, which usually isn't the case. crazy.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
or maybe the video makes it seems steeper than it actually is, which usually isn't the case. crazy.
pics and video always make gnarly stuff look tame. if it looks gnarly on video, you know it's gonna give you some major turtle cock action in person.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
This looks like a crazy course, maybe one of the best?

I'd love to do one someday.

Also. Will White is the man.