Quantcast

Yet more proof that e13 rocks!

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Riding up at attitash yesterday I was going for a little gap off of a rock but didn't quite make it. I came down right onto a rock and...well the vid shows it better :blah:

right click and save as

Guide still works perfectly :thumb:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I threw a chain on my E 13 guide the other day. I have no idae how it happened, i had to take the guide apart to get it back on... :think:

It was a pretty rough ride though. I got thrown off the pedals.

DHDror

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Israel
that FSA crank is not the strongest , I wonder if the spider arms are still true....

Nice rig BTW , I have the same with a 888+low crowns ,

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
DHDror said:
that FSA crank is not the strongest , I wonder if the spider arms are still true....

Nice rig BTW , I have the same with a 888+low crowns ,
Spider only bent a slight bit...no problem fixing it in the parking lot with a rubber mallet...and thanks, I have never ridden such an amazing bike :thumb:

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
DH SB RIDER said:
i like mrps
this has nothing to do with which bashguard you like.

this is just proof of how good an e13 actually is. im quite sure that a mrp would have bent if it hit the rock the same way and you would probobly need a new ring. instead of bending the e13 just absorbed the hit and slid off.

i think you should send that to e13 so they can put it on theyre site.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I hit the lower roller box on an edge of a ledge the other day. It was pushed against my chainstay. I had my crank bros. 17 tool . All I had to do was, loosen the 3 bolts on the boomerang, pull it away fdrom the frame and re- tighten it.

I haven't used an mrp or any other guide than e13 but I have noticed the great dependability and durability or e 13.

Jun 11, 2005
snoopz666 said:
this has nothing to do with which bashguard you like.

this is just proof of how good an e13 actually is. im quite sure that a mrp would have bent if it hit the rock the same way and you would probobly need a new ring. instead of bending the e13 just absorbed the hit and slid off.

i think you should send that to e13 so they can put it on theyre site.

see i see it as e.13 passed on the shock to the spider which bent

an mrp would have bent and saved the spider

depends which you like busting more - a $50 bash ring or a $200 crankset ?

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Dan-Rides-Bikes said:

Yeah but you can wreck MRPs soooo much more easily than you wreck cranks using an e13. Besides that, I have found that normal DH riding (as in the landings, g-outs etc) takes much more of a toll on cranks than getting the bashy beaten on. There is bugger all leverage at the bashy, it's pretty hard to damage cranks that way IMO.

And my E13s are two of a very select few things I would not even consider swapping out for anything else. I have beaten the living hell out of mine (such as today - 4ft drop direct to bashy, my cranks are still fine and that would have been a $50 MRP bashy that needed replacing) and they still work fine.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Dan-Rides-Bikes said:

ummm...nothing is bent...the whole setup still works flawlessly(cranks and guide) and I will be using that spider and bashguard for at least the rest of the year.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ive only used e13 bashguards and chainguides and i will never use anything else. they make quality products and are a local company to boot.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
That was the dumbest thing I've ever read on this website....I can't believe you took all that time to make an e.13 ad when they already advertise.....everyone knows these things rock man....I've had mine for 3 years and I've hit **** way harder than that, but don't you think this post is a bit excessive??

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Ian Collins said:
That was the dumbest thing I've ever read on this website....I can't believe you took all that time to make an e.13 ad when they already advertise.....everyone knows these things rock man....I've had mine for 3 years and I've hit **** way harder than that, but don't you think this post is a bit excessive??
if thats the dumbest thing you've read then you haven't read much on here. All that time? First that was just a random mishap when out filming, we by no means set it up. Second, as one of my sponsors I felt that it would be cool to show how durable they really are for those folks who haven't used them. I've had great support from e13 since my second year riding downhill and I'd do anything to help them out. Sorry to have promoted my sponsor...i will refrain from doing such obsurd things in the future. :thumb:

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
mack said:
I threw a chain on my E 13 guide the other day. I have no idae how it happened, i had to take the guide apart to get it back on... :think:

It was a pretty rough ride though. I got thrown off the pedals.
Hey Mack,
please get in touch with me at support@e13components.com and I'll be happy to take a look at your setup. You shouldn't ever be loosing a chain if it's a perfect setup.

regards,
Jonas

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
dhmtbj said:
if thats the dumbest thing you've read then you haven't read much on here. All that time? First that was just a random mishap when out filming, we by no means set it up. Second, as one of my sponsors I felt that it would be cool to show how durable they really are for those folks who haven't used them. I've had great support from e13 since my second year riding downhill and I'd do anything to help them out. Sorry to have promoted my sponsor...i will refrain from doing such obsurd things in the future. :thumb:
well maybe i came off like a dick, but the point is....everyone in this sport has some sort of sponsor, and if everyone used this board as a medium to "promote their sponsor" then there would just be a bunch of lame posts like yours.....sorry to be rude, but your post just seemed like you were trying to hard...that's all

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Ian Collins said:
well maybe i came off like a dick, but the point is....everyone in this sport has some sort of sponsor, and if everyone used this board as a medium to "promote their sponsor" then there would just be a bunch of lame posts like yours.....sorry to be rude, but your post just seemed like you were trying to hard...that's all
fair enough...i was more stoked on its performance than anything. My friend made the vid as a part for a larger movie so I figured I'd share.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Hmmm, my MRP Slalom2 seemed to work better in the Snowshoe mud than my son's E-13 this year. A piece of plastic broke off of his lower guide for no appearent reason. It still works.
But my MRP eats roller bearings for some reason.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
Steve Peat
Fabien Barel
Eric Carter
Mike King
Brian Lopes
Wade Boots
Colin Bailey
Kyle Strait
Cody Warren
Josh Bender
John Kirkaldie
Lance Canfield
Marielle Saner
Tracy Mosely
Sabrina Jonnier
April Lawyer
Melissa Buhl
Ritchie Schley
Lisa Myklak

proof? mrp is better look up

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
DH SB RIDER said:
Steve Peat
Fabien Barel
Eric Carter
Mike King
Brian Lopes
Wade Boots
Colin Bailey
Kyle Strait
Cody Warren
Josh Bender
John Kirkaldie
Lance Canfield
Marielle Saner
Tracy Mosely
Sabrina Jonnier
April Lawyer
Melissa Buhl
Ritchie Schley
Lisa Myklak

proof? mrp is better look up
Sabrina Jonnier
Tracy Mosely
Cody Warren
Fabien Barel
April Lawyer

are all on e13 product now I believe.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Fabien just won the World Championships on the 06' LG1, Sam Hill second on the 06' SRS, Honda 3rd.

You are correct Ricky, the above riders have been running e.thirteen all year, by choice. It would take a whole page to type all of the pro's who have CHOSEN to ride e.thirteen over the last few years. Nothing's perfect, but like always, we will keep listening to riders and improving, thats for sure. I'm excited for the USA 06' release.

Dave