Quantcast

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
looking at their site, the Ion ST is 2300-3000Euro and the Nucleon E2 is 4650-6000Euro :eek:
that seems absolutely ridiculous to me
jup, but there is really no one else to blame but yourself if you are considering a g-boxx equipped nicolai.
those things are beyond me...
I had the ion st in mind when replying to your post.

what was the price for the anniversary model? if my memory serves me right nearly 5000Euro...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
jup, but there is really no one else to blame but yourself if you are considering a g-boxx equipped nicolai.
those things are beyond me...
I had the ion st in mind when replying to your post.

what was the price for the anniversary model? if my memory serves me right nearly 5000Euro...
the Ion St is still $3100-4100USD..it still kinda does fall under the Yeti's price, but is still nuts.

the Yeti is 2800euro w/ current rates, but you say its 5000euro over there???

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
the Ion St is still $3100-4100USD..it still kinda does fall under the Yeti's price, but is still nuts.

the Yeti is 2800euro w/ current rates, but you say its 5000euro over there???
well, if they are serious about the price, it is.
But european prices are insanely erratic.

Jedi 2900Euro without shock
knolly podium 3000Euro

I have to admit though that i´m quite happy with the bikes in my stable, so I don´t know the current frames and prices all to well.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
The same way people can spend 30k on a car. I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't even consider that expensive, but I would never, ever spend that much on a car/truck/whatever. It's all about priorities...
I have a 35,000 dollar truck (well it was 35k at the time I bought it) but I dont have a 3800 dollar yeti. I just cant see myself paying that much when theres other bikes out there for way less. the 2010 glory frameset was 1600 bucks. granted its not USA built but hey its a bike that rips and pedals!

Not everyone is as connected as Yuroshek....I think interest rates are below 1% so loosing the 20 or less of interest is the least of his concerns.

Its actually kind of disconcerting that you, someone who is supposedly on the inside of the Bike industry would come on to this thread and berate a customer who wants to pay for a product.

I feel for the guy and I know he will love the frame once he gets it unfortunately for certain brands delivery of product always seem to be an issue this time of year. By May everyone will be riding and will have forgotten about it.
Hey I didnt point any fingers at no one, but with this terrible economy people need to grow a spine and stand up for themselves. Just like the whole deal with Gas prices. Theres no reason for them to keep going up and up and then the following year or 2 they are back down a buck or 2. If we all get together we can make a difference. (sounds real ghay I know lol)

I guess my point of view is from a broke as a joke blue collared man, I don't have the Benjamin's that most people have. Sorry if I offended anyone, didnt mean to.

Over and out.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
:confused:

Also interested in your ideas that if we stick together we can keep the cost of fuel lower... :think:
thats more towards politics my friend :) basically in short story form, have 1 day a month where no one buys gas, it will be a pretty big impact. Yet it would be very hard to do this, I believe there has been tries to have "black out" nights where you turn off all your lights/electronics to help save power and what not. but like I said not gonna get to off topic here.

back to the expensive yeti:D

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
sounds good, i have my old grease gun from previous 303... how about area around the car? can be easily cleaned? (i used tooth brush before) so can that still be done u think? how is the bike riding, would u buy it again?
cleaning around the car, I like a t-shirt wrapped around a toothbrush, still works on this one as well.
Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat, seems to do everything the original 303 did and maybe better. Having been on a RDH for the last year and a half, it's really nice to be back on a 303.

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
cleaning around the car, I like a t-shirt wrapped around a toothbrush, still works on this one as well.
Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat, seems to do everything the original 303 did and maybe better. Having been on a RDH for the last year and a half, it's really nice to be back on a 303.
hey what wheel set are you running?

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
are they holding up well? im not exactly the smoothers one so not sure what set to go with, i was thinking deemaxes ultimates, some said they are very strong and perhaps yellow would go good with frame but ive read that hubs on those are kinda sucky. im about 165 lb and here we have ALOT of rocky stuff. so if any of you can suggest something good please feel free!

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
are they holding up well? im not exactly the smoothers one so not sure what set to go with, i was thinking deemaxes ultimates, some said they are very strong and perhaps yellow would go good with frame but ive read that hubs on those are kinda sucky. im about 165 lb and here we have ALOT of rocky stuff. so if any of you can suggest something good please feel free!
DT Swiss are great rims, but you trade off being on the soft side (dents and flat spots) for never pinch flatting. Great for racing.
There are all sorts of good rim and hub combos, do a little research, talk to people. Mavics are great, nothing wrong with deemax, all sorts of good choices