Quantcast

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
It's a lovely looking frame, and it probably rides nicely, but 3800? It better come with some race-worn Aaron Gwin panties. I'd say wait for the regular edition to come out.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's a lovely looking frame, and it probably rides nicely, but 3800? It better come with some race-worn Aaron Gwin panties. I'd say wait for the regular edition to come out.
Yeti guys always liked funny prices. I will understand the price of the GT Fury but this one? I love the looks but thats a lot to pay for some extra pain. Demo with team colors costs the same.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeti guys always liked funny prices. I will understand the price of the GT Fury but this one? I love the looks but thats a lot to pay for some extra pain. Demo with team colors costs the same.
How many team colored Demos being made? Oh and another huge price point factor where are those made?

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
neet looking frame, I love the "oldschool" Yeti paintjob...

Funny though how the whole "MADE IN USA" is SOOO not a selling feature for me anymore ...I'd rather have some taiwanese dude welding my frame :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Collectors will probably snap these up. Half of them will never see dirt.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
How many team colored Demos being made? Oh and another huge price point factor where are those made?
As mentioned before - the US made fad is a collector thing. Id love to ride that and kinda I understand the price from a collectors point of view. What I dont understand is that apparently this is released before the non limited version so if you want one now you have to pay zillions.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
As mentioned before - the US made fad is a collector thing. Id love to ride that and kinda I understand the price from a collectors point of view. What I dont understand is that apparently this is released before the non limited version so if you want one now you have to pay zillions.
Seriously, I wanna know when the 303 will be back.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Funny the most awesome thing about it is the Yeti logo being brought back! That is pretty sick. Pricey indeed but would like to take one down the hill.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Also noticed that. Always liked that old logo.
Back in the day with the ARC. Or being able to have Doug Bradbury custom make you one of the most BA HT XC bikes ever built think they were called (manitou) long time ago!

90% of peeps on here are thinking damn those guys are old.;)

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Request please: I can not log into the sicklines website, have not been able to for some time now. Can some kind monkey please embed some text and images here? I'm missing out :(

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
You don't really need a 1.5 head tube unless you want to run a single crown (not really going to happen on a race bike) or reducer cups (which you shouldn't need unless you believe the geo isnt right) surely?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You don't really need a 1.5 head tube unless you want to run a single crown (not really going to happen on a race bike) or reducer cups (which you shouldn't need unless you believe the geo isnt right) surely?
Reducer headsets are much lower than standard 1 and 1/8th ones.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I've just heard the UK pricing on this frame by some one on a dutch mtb forum,the frame is going to cost 4300GBP

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Still should have a full 1.5 IMO. I've always been curious how this bike performs under braking...

And for that price, I'd like to at least demo one, cause I want to ride it. Not hang it over my flat screen!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i love it, and I love that they are making frames in the US. I don't care that it's expensive and limited, I care that the taiwan bizniz is almost as expensive.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Too much i agree.

I saw a wheelpath image somewhere yesterday..an email from Yeti?

Dude..possibly the first ever truely vertical wheelpath..wild. Truely vertical in relation to the ground, chain grown in relation to the BB, I would love to ride one!!!

I haven't heard any word of Yeti making a non annaversary model. The word is there will be more 303 RDH's.

can't spell...holiday weekend!

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Too much i agree.

I saw a wheelpath image somewhere yesterday..an email from Yeti?

Dude..possibly the first ever truely vertical wheelpath..wild. Truely vertical in relation to the ground, chain grown in relation to the BB, I would love to ride one!!!

I haven't heard any word of Yeti making a non annaversary model. The word is there will be more 303 RDH's.

can't spell...holiday weekend!

One of the mechanics at the booth let me feel one without the shock.And it is pretty much vertical.

Im waiting on this bike or the M9.
iNtense CRC told em that the tubeset is just as thin as the 951,and is about a full pound lighter then previous m6 evo.

I have TONS of pics.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
One of the mechanics at the booth let me feel one without the shock.And it is pretty much vertical.

Im waiting on this bike or the M9.
iNtense CRC told em that the tubeset is just as thin as the 951,and is about a full pound lighter then previous m6 evo.

I have TONS of pics.
What? The 951 and the m6 were very similar in weight so how come with the 951 wall thickness the m9 will be a pound lighter? I doubt they could save a full pound just by different tube shapes.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
What? The 951 and the m6 were very similar in weight so how come with the 951 wall thickness the m9 will be a pound lighter? I doubt they could save a full pound just by different tube shapes.
The aus mech at CRC,told me,the tubeset is very similar in thickness,and is close to a pound lighter then the m6.

But this thread is about the 25th 303

pix

f550 time

more to come

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I would also like to say,out of all the pros i got to talk too,GWIN was by far the coolest and spoke to me like I was one of his homies.

nolson450

Chimp
May 26, 2009
I love love love the old school paint theme, but back in the day, Yeti stepped up with custom matching forks and such. C'mon guys, step it up to Yeti's old glory!

Give me a custom matched Fox 40 for $3800 and I'm in.... and Oh yeah, the Gwin matching race kit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was real moist about this, the made in the USA and all...then I realized, for $1000 bucks less, you can get a made in the US Intense, which has been made here all along, and spend $400 on a custom paint job, then the remaining $600 on hookers and blow. And you'll still have a lighter bike with better customer service at the end of it...hmmmmmmm.

Eventually, the yeti novelty will wear off.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
^^^mega false statement. yeti customer service is much better than intense.
idk what experience you had, i had to attempt to take them to court to even fix the bike at my expense (that should have been warranty regardless)

never buy yeti

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Somehow I thought all of the Yetis were US made to begin with. I'm surprised to hear they are not. They should be.