Quantcast

Yeti 303 25th Anniversary Edition Frame Question

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011
I'm thinking of buying one and selling my 2010 Demo 8 but I have no idea how they ride so I'm hoping you guys can fill me in on this. Is it a poppy and playful bike like the demo or is is more of a plow bike?

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011
UiUiUiUi said:
it definitely feels different then a demo, but its not a tank or plowbike or anything, i like mine like a lot...
Is there any chance you can give me an overal description of how it rides?

MrPlow said:
Why not get the new one? Lighter and stronger
The WC carbon is likely to be over $3.8K (pretty sure that's what the 25th anniversary frames were). This frame is going for about $2.5K less than that.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So is yeti just going to scrap the Alu 303 all together as this year turned out to be such a cluster****?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
no idea really, it's just that i have not seen a single 2012 303 anywhere... except for the wc racebikes...
I haven't seen any new frames for sale either. Places like Jenson.com that usually have Yeti stuff didn't have any 303s. I wonder if they had limited stock that sold out fast or if something went wrong on the production side.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh I can say absolutely that they had production problems. They ****ed up, changed production houses in Taiwan right before the build, and ass pumped their loyal customers by not being able to produce the frames. Sickens me.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Oh I can say absolutely that they had production problems. They ****ed up, changed production houses in Taiwan right before the build, and ass pumped their loyal customers by not being able to produce the frames. Sickens me.
What else they could have done? Give an inferior product to the customers like that one company where the owner had to run to Poland? Return the cash, apologize and offer something in return. You can't produce bikes with magic.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Well I hate Poland too, so that wouldn't work.

They ****ed up. Plain and simple. They never went public with it. A lot of buyers got left high and dry. They needed to go public in March. They chose not to. As far as I know they never did.

I love yeti. Just bought a 2012 SB66. I just wish they were honest about a lot of **** ups they've made.

Last edited:

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Is there any chance you can give me an overal description of how it rides?

The WC carbon is likely to be over $3.8K (pretty sure that's what the 25th anniversary frames were). This frame is going for about $2.5K less than that.
Sounds like a good deal. If you don't end up getting it and it is a large, send me a pm.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well I hate Poland too, so that wouldn't work.

They ****ed up. Plain and simple. They never went public with it. A lot of buyers got left high and dry. They needed to go public in March. They chose not to. As far as I know they never did.

I love yeti. Just bought a 2012 SB66. I just wish they were honest about a lot of **** ups they've made.
Public as in have a giant post on pinkbike? Or inform people sooner? I work in a much different industry but in most cases you try to make it to the last moment. I know you are angry you didn't get your frame but it's not like delays are that uncommon in the bike industry. Though if the contact with them was bad yeah. That's an issue.