Quantcast

Yeti 303 Carbon

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Only on Ridemonkey can we take a thread about an awesome carbon dh bike and turn it into a morning bowel movement thread in only 2 pages.
potentially awesome, but at the moment it hasn't even reached Undead status until it gets hucked off the nearest curb . . . I kid, I kid.

Love all these new carbon bikes. Reminds me of the first carbon boom of the late 90's, only more serious and less scary.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It was a joke. Don't you have another first year troublesome Dh frame to be picking out?
You won't be able to complain all year if you do not buy now!
do you always get butt hurt when no one has ever heard of your team outside of your clique?
and dont worry, my new bike has been out for over a year :eek:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Holy smokes . . . everyone's getting fired up.

Regarding Jared's weight, he was around 210 last year, and the last I heard, he's around 180 now. He went into the offseason with the specific goal of completely transforming his body.

He's also "factory as f*ck" . . . so he's got that going for him as well. :)
(F.A.F. is my new favorite saying thanks to my boy, Ian)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
do you always get butt hurt when no one has ever heard of your team outside of your clique?
and dont worry, my new bike has been out for over a year :eek:
Awww, don't lose hope. One day, you too can have a clique. First you are gonna need to NOT have over 20,000 posts on an online forum you just joined in '08. Most of which have been whining and complaining about your poor purchase decisions. But you can turn in around Tiger! Take off that wrist brace, put down that keyboard and get out there and mingle. Its a great time to start a real life!

Now onto something of interest, how 'bout that carbon frame! :D

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Awww, don't lose hope. One day, you too can have a clique. First you are gonna need to NOT have over 20,000 posts on an online forum you just joined in '08. Most of which have been whining and complaining about your poor purchase decisions. But you can turn in around Tiger! Take off that wrist brace, put down that keyboard and get out there and mingle. Its a great time to start a real life!

Now onto something of interest, how 'bout that carbon frame! :D
8400 posts and he's casting aspersions. So much butthurt, so much fail.

Do you even own a bike?

;)

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
this is pretty weird, click on the thread title and you get transported to Pinkbike.

Anymore actual news on the 303carbon i.e. weight, geo, changes over regular 303?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'd have sex with that bike. Like the creepy, My Strange Addiction "I'm in love with my Car" sort of sex. Matter of fact, Yeti might want to get this frame included in Megan's Law.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So i noticed Graves wasn't running the carbon one in finals. What was up with that?
it's one thing to run proto parts/bikes during practice; as there tends to be an increased risk level when running developmental (aka unproven) components. That's not necessarily the kind of risk one wants to be taking during a race run.

edit: example: gee running the proto inverted 40 for a few practice runs during last years US open

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
it's one thing to run proto parts/bikes during practice; as there tends to be an increased risk level when running developmental (aka unproven) components. That's not necessarily the kind of risk one wants to be taking during a race run.

edit: example: gee running the proto inverted 40 for a few practice runs during last years US open
There's a big difference between testing for a run or two and riding something for every single run for 4 days.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
So i noticed Graves wasn't running the carbon one in finals. What was up with that?
From what I understand, there were some imperfections inside the seattube on that prototype, so he wasn't able to drop the seat as far as he wanted. In the end, he felt like a proper riding position was most important, so he went with the AL frame.

We're stoked with his results though!
JP