Quantcast

Yeti 303 Carbon

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
"The name that jumps out most for me though is Richard Rude Jr. Not a name I'm familiar with but after a spot of Googling I now know he's better known as Richie Rude (great name fella...) and he's a 17 year old riding for the same Yeti Fox Shox Factory team as Jared Graves. He must have had a problem up top as his Split 1 put him only 64th but then he had an absolute stormer of a run after that posting the 11th fastest pedal of the day and 11th fastest bottom split to go 31st. A dark horse to watch out for this year?"

:rolleyes:
He may just be better at pedalling than tech stuff. Wait for Vigo to see.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
because everybody in the world knows who every potential up and coming jr is.

he's an east coast local. He might make it to the big league. Until then, don't get butthurt that people don't know who he is yet.

Anyway, I'm super pumped to see Neko up there, and I'm hoping to see him dominating this season. Would love to see gwin and neko develope the same thing Sam and Troy have going, except with winning instead of not winning.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
because everybody in the world knows who every potential up and coming jr is.

he's an east coast local. He might make it to the big league. Until then, don't get butthurt that people don't know who he is yet.
no butthurt, just sharing some relevant information about him that others may not know. I know him from races (his dad races DH too) and have ridden with him before. Well, more like "tried to keep up with". He's fast, been getting good finishes against pros for a few years now. Last year was 4th in the Port Angeles ProGRT for his first race with Yeti/Fox. His finish at PMB was no fluke, we're gonna be seeing more of him.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I get it. Yeti is one of the best teams if you think about training new contenders. I think that's a good team for him, especially with Graves on it.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I get it. Yeti is one of the best teams if you think about training new contenders. I think that's a good team for him, especially with Graves on it.
That has been Yeti's racing heritage over 20 years. I can't think of another company that has spotted and developed more top talent than Yeti.

Tomac, Furtado, Giove, Rockwell, Baily, Vories, Rennie, Blenki, Leov, Gwin . . .

To me Yeti will always be about racing and their bikes are among some of my all time favorites. Tough to beat a full carbon 303 with the classic yellow/blue paint.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
no butthurt, just sharing some relevant information about him that others may not know. I know him from races (his dad races DH too) and have ridden with him before. Well, more like "tried to keep up with". He's fast, been getting good finishes against pros for a few years now. Last year was 4th in the Port Angeles ProGRT for his first race with Yeti/Fox. His finish at PMB was no fluke, we're gonna be seeing more of him.

We (as in the global scene) will definitely see more of him. I expect to see him climb within this season, much less over time.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
^^Was that really yours? That thing is awesome, like Danny Hart's mullet awesome!
Hell yeah. Here was its previous incarnation with the Franken-brink. Ian Collins, Nate Riffle, DW, and others will probably recall me ripping that fork apart after nearly every practice run in the Plattekill parking lot:

Karpiel Lg.JPG
68* head angle? Check.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Hell yeah. Here was its previous incarnation with the Franken-brink. Ian Collins, Nate Riffle, DW, and others will probably recall me ripping that fork apart after nearly every practice run in the Plattekill parking lot:
I feel your pain. I had a Zzyzx.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
just when i was thinking along the lines of oh damn that boxxer the worst fork in history... you remind me of hanebrink... oh ****...

Yup... The Neoprene fork boots worked exceptionally well in the mud and rain. Their sponge like attributes were second to none in those conditions.

The stanchions that still had the groves from tooling/machining really cut down on stiction and prolonged bearing life.

didn't you have to pay $2000+ for all that awesome too?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
How can a 17 year old be that f-ing strong? Anyone got a picture of this dood? Is he a genetic freak of nature?
Richie is a beast and has an am amazing work ethic when it comes to training. He reminds me a lot of Gwin, quiet, confident, and damn good.

Just watching him a few years ago at Platty and the other gravity east races blew me away.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
How can a 17 year old be that f-ing strong? Anyone got a picture of this dood? Is he a genetic freak of nature?
There was a picture of him, Graves and someone else where peeps complained Graves looks tiny and needs to get bigger because his dress size is all wrong.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I love how this thread went from stupid to great in just one page. Nice!

Richie Rude is the rudest. I saw him come through a lower section of Mt Snow and it was silent and fast. He'll be a ripper for sure, and it's great to see him and Neko competing at the top level. Great stuff from the US kids. Add Gwin in the mix and we're suddenly a competitor again.

I will say that the Sunn team produced and incredible number of performers...and I often discover that some of the top pros now raced with them in the 90s.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can't remember how old he was when he started racing BMX, but it was years ago. He's been working with a personal trainer for quite some time, even before he was with yeti.

Apparently the football coaches at his high school.keep trying to get him to play. They don't understand why he'd rather be racing bikes :rofl:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Check out the new Yeti Site and Alps Video plenty of pics there http://www.yeticycles.com/
Hmm, can't really tell which is which or how big his legs are. But it's certainly impressive if a 17 year old can keep up pedalling with the big boys. I mean, a 17 year old shouldn't have to hormone production to build muscle like someone in their mid to late 20's. Clearly that's not stopping him though.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I had a Zzyzzx fork too, on a GT LTS no less with drilled and flipped travel chips. It was a "factory" fork intended for Shaums March, and cam with 7 inches of locomotive sounding travel. I had to drill the top caps (as per their direction) to allow more air to escape. Then when I compressed the fork fast, it would "toot", which was amazing.

I also got to make the factory lube for the fork, which was 3 parts vasoline to 1 part valvoline.

I figure with what those forks cost compared to how they performed, the vasoline no doubt came in quite handy.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
I had a Zzyzzx fork too, on a GT LTS no less with drilled and flipped travel chips. It was a "factory" fork intended for Shaums March, and cam with 7 inches of locomotive sounding travel. I had to drill the top caps (as per their direction) to allow more air to escape. Then when I compressed the fork fast, it would "toot", which was amazing.

I also got to make the factory lube for the fork, which was 3 parts vasoline to 1 part valvoline.

I figure with what those forks cost compared to how they performed, the vasoline no doubt came in quite handy.
LOL!!!!

I came close to buying a zzyzx when I was like 15 but luckily someone else bought it first. I got a risse instead, ha ha.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

I had to do all of the same, but being a 16 yr old bean pole I also had to completely drain the unadjustable dampig cartridge they took off a screen door. At 140lb I needed zero damping to make it work and even then it needed the full rebuild treatment after about 100 yards of riding.

This set me up well for owning a Lobo STS the next year, and perhaps explains why some of us think nothing of owning high end suspension that requires at least some degree of minimal maintenance; we came up in the days of rebuiltding everything each time we rode it up the driveway. Kids these days have no idea.