Quantcast

Yeti 303 DH LIVES!!!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
OK just drove 8 hours back from Keystone/Yeti dealer meeting so this post will be a little short-full deal on monday complete w a scanned image of the final bike drawing.
OK ready? no you're not-909 Technology-
Triangulated swingarm mounte to 2 'Cars' that runs on 2 Linear Tracks-one running vertical from the BB up towards the seat post,and a second one running horizontal from roughly the seat tube to the down tube.While the bike compresses the swingarm rides up the 1 st rail,and at the same time rides foreward on the second rail therefore tuning the wheelpath along the way.
This gives the bike a slightly rearward path up to 6" then curves foreward through the rest of the stroke. It goes rearward 4mm then at the end comes foreward from vertical 13mm.
Gets even crazier-the upper rail has a gentle curve in it that the Car follows fine tuning the curve.Where it is mounted to the downtube at the front it bolts on and can be adjusted up and down to tune the end of the curve.Other rails with different curves will also be available to set the bike up for individual preferences.
Rails are used instead of swinging links so that very exacting axle path(s) can be achieved,or altered. It also makes the bike feel super solid.
this causes unbelieveable pedaling berformance without noticable feedback,and without getting overly long at the end of the travel.
These parts known as Cars have bearings surrounding the tracks on all sides allowing them to move on the tracks but not able to twist or bind.
Great news-no wierd geomertry-65 dr egree head angle w/a fox fork set at 7.5 inches,14"bb average length top tube on the medium.
It cornered very neutral felt lively,easy to change lines etc.
The bike has a mild overall rising rate that is designed around modern shocks(read DHX).Pretty plush with very good bottoming control,propedal,volume,and pressure set at lowest settings.
suggested retail $2799 available in March.Fox booth at Interbike should have a bunch to ride that are being built now.
It also has a crazy monocoque top tube that splits into 2 spars at the seat tube area.
150x15 hub no floater necessary replaceable hanger, 1 1/8 ht.

ok sleep now. later guys.

Funky Monk

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
near El circulo Polar Arctico
Sounds pretty neat. Seems like Yeti has taken a new, innovative(?) approach on suspension design, straying away from tried-and-tested linkage systems..

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it performs outside the drawing table. Should be interesting though.

Oh, btw, has the date for Interbike been announced?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Mustang85 said:
Sounds super sweet, can't wait to see it. 7.5in on the fox fork?!?!So does that thing have an unlimited number of travel points? Or does it just go by .5in?
6-8" in 0.5" increments.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
allow me to do the bashing. :p

so, are these rails open to the elements?

sounds to me like another overcomplicated PIG :oink:

:) :nuts:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bcd said:
allow me to do the bashing. :p

so, are these rails open to the elements?

sounds to me like another overcomplicated PIG :oink:

:) :nuts:
Rails like the ones described have been used in machinery for years. The seals can take more abuse than you could imagine. But the only ones I have ever seen use the rails as a bearing race. Therefore the rail must be hardened steel=heavy. Really would love to see how yeti implemented this.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Westy said:
Rails like the ones described have been used in machinery for years. The seals can take more abuse than you could imagine. But the only ones I have ever seen use the rails as a bearing race. Therefore the rail must be hardened steel=heavy. Really would love to see how yeti implemented this.
Agreed on both. we need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderBoy

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
the rails could be tubes and the "cars" rollers on either side of the tube. Something like on a rollercoaster.

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
Rails :confused: what the heck are these things?

We need a rule that any new techy crap M U S T be accompanied with frig'n pictures!!! or your :monkey: :monkey: butt gets a :nuts: :nuts:

This doesn't have anything to do with these rails does it :blah:

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Son of a bitch!!
The rail thing was my idea!!
I swear, I have primative drawings from at least a year ago.
Oh well, I don't have any money, so I can't build any of my ideas.

But I'm still pissed.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
dude i want a 100t chainring. maybee e13 will make a guide for it.

lol id race it. and i want the helmet i would look so cool :D :thumb: my crew would be jealous.

ohh reading about this thing is great only if we have a PICTURE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! were bikers not english majors. i know ive taken alot of head hits in my day. :drool: :drool: