Quantcast

Yeti 303 R

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I demo'd one a couple months back and posted a short and lame review. Basically, I liked it but really need to spend more time on it before I could give a real review. My initial impression is that it's somewhere in the middle of the plough-flickable scale with some stiffening of the rear under braking. It was fun and I wouldn't be disappointed if I had to ride one. I can't compare it to the vagina frame as I haven't ridden one of those.

I guess the one thing that may have concerned me is that I thought I felt the rear flex a lot during a fast off-camber turn. I didn't get a chance to check it and I'm guessing it was just the tire, but if I get the opportunity to ride one again I'll try to recreate the feeling to see if it was flexing (I doubt it though). I'm 200lbs for reference.

It's still on my list of suspects for 2009.
From what I was told at yeti the idea was to keep a good characteristic over the rough stuff thanks to the rail (or so they tell) and yet make the bike more "poppy" and agile.
They also said that it has "very stiff end for powerfull cornering" so maybe they changed it a bit. Either way I'm 140-150lbs so the only bike I could flex would be socom probably ;)

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
The rail is also there to keep the force from the swing arm going into the shock along the axis of the shock. The other loads are taken out by the rail.

I'd imagine it makes the bike stiffer since you have more support from the swing arm to the frame.