Quantcast

YETI 303...Test RIDE

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I had a DH9 for a little while. The thing was like a cadillac. It didn't feel very fast turning at all. But I am only 5'6" so even the smallest DH9 is too big for me (and mine was a med!) and it was tough to muscle around a bike that big. It was very confident at speed though, especially on steep stuff. She always ran better when I let go of the brakes. (Imagine that!)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i dont think the first post is a reliable source of information, as its from a sponsored rider.
after all, even if the bike sucked balls, he would still say "it kicks ass"...

on the other hand.. how are they dealing with the lateral flex? those are long rails... how they stand lateral bending loads??? what about on crashes?? if a rock hits the rails?? how strong are they to bending??

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Duncan's post is completly reliable. I have known him since we were in jr. high. I talked with him face to face about the bike as it was being boxed up to be sent back to Yeti for review. He told me he loved it. If he didn't love it, he wouldn't have posted at all.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Duncan is a pretty honest guy, but you are right.

None the less, he wouldn't have signed with them had the bike sucked, his ambitions are just too high...and it's not like he's getting paid thousands and thousands of dollars.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I think the bike looks sick. I would be concerned with the amount of moving parts, and their durability, (Duncan doesn't really need to worry there) However the concept seems cool, and I'm sure it rides great!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
It'll be a good bike. I don't think Yeti would put there name on a crappy product, they'd have to much to loose. Rumor has it we should see Duncan rippin on 303 soon. A medium is suppose to be on the way.

As far as breaking it, Big House would be the one i'd worry about doing it. If he can't break it.....then you know it's solid.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
I loved my large DH-9. The slackness took awhile to get used to but eventually I adjusted. Being really tall, the extra length was nice. Anyway, it was a sad day when it was stolen. I would have bought another one but by that time they weren't making any more.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
neversummersnow said:
and just so we're streight if anybody wants to give me their DH-9 in a medium please...by all means...let me know
We'll talk, eh? I'm trying to put together my new DH bike w/o selling my DH-9 so that I can A.) have a backup, just in case B.) Take my friends that don't have DH bikes riding every now and again and C.) have a loaner for broke-d!ck suckas like you trying to race and pay for college. Depends on when the new DH bike gets here and gets built.

And to keep inline with the topic - I think the 303 is gonna be a great improvement in technology, handling and geometry over the DH-9. And I LURRRVE my DH-9 despite it's 'shortcomings'... or should I say 'longcomings'??