Quantcast

Yeti 303R-DH

shadrack

Chimp
Aug 26, 2009
Is anyone riding one? What size and how tall are you? I might be ordering one next week, but at 5'8" I'm not sure if I should go with a small or medium.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I have been on one since the day it came out. Currently riding a medium. The small would be way to small for you as I too am 5'8"

Here is my current setup for reference:
Yeti 303R medium
Rock Shox Vivid rear shock w/ obtainium rear spring
2010 Boxxer WC
2009 Mavic deetrax front is stock rear is laced to a DT swiss 340 rear hub.
Avid Juicy carbon levers with Avid elixir cr calipers 203/185
Sunline half waffle grips
Sunline V1 bars
Sunline Boxxer direct mount stem
E13 36 tooth chainring
bontrager inform rl seat
Raceface carbon seatpost
Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4" FR
Maxxis Welterweight tubes
Sram PC-970 11-24 cassette
Sram hollow pin chain
X9 rear shifter and derailleur
'09 E13 LG1+
FSA gravity light crankset
crankbrothers mallets

Weight came in at 37.2lbs with the FR tires and 38.6 with the DH big bettys.

With the 08 boxxer WC on it

Last edited:

shadrack

Chimp
Aug 26, 2009
Thanks. I was kind of leaning that way. My 575 is a small and fits me perfectly, but trailbike sizes are'nt always the same as DH sizes.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Thanks. I was kind of leaning that way. My 575 is a small and fits me perfectly, but trailbike sizes are'nt always the same as DH sizes.
The top tube on the 303R feels a bit small but rides perfectly so I think that a small would be way too cramped of a cockpit. The slackest setting rides so nice.

JDA

Chimp
Feb 6, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I am 5'7" and was lucky enough to take a demo bike home to test from my LBS for a few hours of riding on my local DH track. The bike was a medium and I found it too big for me.

I am in a postion where I can get either a Yeti 303r or an Intense 951 for the same price and I'm not sure which one to get? I loved riding the 303r but it is impossible for me to demo a 951 in my area.

The yeti pedals better than any DH bike I have ever ridden, it also seems to accelerate through the rough stuff or rock gardens instead of loosing speed like my glory did. My previous bikes were an Orange 223 and then a Glory.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm 5'10" and 210lbs

Medium with an 888WC on the front, 170mm cranks, and all the love in the world.

I would sell your first born if that's what it takes.