Quantcast

Yeti 4X Questions Size Matters???

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Hey Everybody,
I am looking to drop way to much on a used frame, I am going to purchase a Yeti 4X. What I need to know is what size. I have ridden a small but very breifly around the pit area at Sand Hill, so I didn't get a true picture of how it fit. I am 5'10 and a little long in the legs for my height. I currently ride a KHS Witchdoctor which is a fairly small frame, and I tend to hit the bars with my knees when coming out of tight berms occasionally. The KHS has a short top tube but the seat tube is at a really laid back seat tube which compensates for the TT. The bike would be for 4X and Slalom and a little dirt jumping. If any of you have time on the bike and or own one please help a Monkey out. I have a good line on a promising Long frame near me.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'd say at 5'10" you're right on the cusp of which would fit better - but if you're of long leg then maybe try to find a L. But as Stoney say-ed - the DJs are the same geometry and such so if you can find one of those to demo you'll get a solid idea on which size to rock.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Thanks you guys,
Gave Yeti a call and spoke to Chris, he said that Graves rides a long and he is a bit shorter than me. Heck if it's good enough for him.... should be ok for me. Chris at Yeti also said the DJ is close but not quite the same the 4X Long has a 23" top tube where the DJ is at 23.5" even better.
Thanks,
Chris