Quantcast

Yeti back in the DH game

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Figured this needs it's own thread since it's an actual DH frame from Yeti without a rail or tiny ass little stanchions on the ST.
Full carbon already so looks like they are serious about actually making them. 6 bar high pivot.

p5pb24622343.jpg

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/yetis-prototype-dh-bike-sea-otter-2023.html

If PUSH could add another crown to their fork, you could have a full Colorado DH bike for the price of a Korean automobile.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
I don't think they dropped all the cash required to cut new molds for just a one off. If it was alloy, or shared the main frame with another bike, maybe.

Hopefully this means they will actually produce some and get back into the DH game.

There are some fast DH groms in the US right now, we need that famous Yeti development program back!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't think they dropped all the cash required to cut new molds for just a one off. If it was alloy, or shared the main frame with another bike, maybe.

Hopefully this means they will actually produce some and get back into the DH game.

There are some fast DH groms in the US right now, we need that famous Yeti development program back!
Still not cheap but a prototype mold made from composite is still cheaper than the 6 figures required for a production mold. I would assume most companies do something like this in the prototype stage

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013

I hope they stay far away from any team that would pull the plug on a current junior DH world champs program.
It made sense with Richie being the 2nd fastest US downhiller at the time you know Gold medals in DH grow on trees in America.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Still not cheap but a prototype mold made from composite is still cheaper than the 6 figures required for a production mold. I would assume most companies do something like this in the prototype stage

i was reading over on pb or something that built in flip chips where they could so they could tweak links etc within the confines of the carbon frame.

but yea, more than likely a composite mold. but its definitely carbon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What bike is in that video? At work and can't listen to the audio at the moment. Looks kind of similar to a Turner DHR?

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
I hope they stay far away from any team that would pull the plug on a current junior DH world champs program.
It made sense with Richie being the 2nd fastest US downhiller at the time you know Gold medals in DH grow on trees in America.
RR makes it seem like he was over DH racing, even with his worlds win. So maybe that was a factor in pulling the plug on the team. I am sure he could have secured another ride as the current Jr world champ if he wanted to.

Tomac, Rockwell, Giove, Llanes, Kintner, Gwin, and Rude. It's hard to deny that Yeti has done a lot for US DH racing.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
RR makes it seem like he was over DH racing, even with his worlds win. So maybe that was a factor in pulling the plug on the team. I am sure he could have secured another ride as the current Jr world champ if he wanted to.

Tomac, Rockwell, Giove, Llanes, Kintner, Gwin, and Rude. It's hard to deny that Yeti has done a lot for US DH racing.
Its well documented Yeti pulled the plug.