Quantcast

Yeti Cycles video vault, amazing

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
For the past couple of years, Yeti has been regularly producing short videos that chronicle the race team, races, riders, events and the like. If you haven't checked these out yet, you're missing some good riding, great footage and awesome production!

I'm blown away by the foresight by Yeti to put this together and the impeccable execution. They even allow you to download the films to your computer or iPod.

Does anyone know who puts these together? (films, edits, etc?)

Check it out:
http://yeticycles.com/#/videovault/

Thanks.

- dump

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
For the past couple of years, Yeti has been regularly producing short videos that chronicle the race team, races, riders, events and the like. If you haven't checked these out yet, you're missing some good riding, great footage and awesome production!

I'm blown away by the foresight by Yeti to put this together and the impeccable execution. They even allow you to download the films to your computer or iPod.

Yeah, ditto. I love Clay's work, one of the best little bits is at the Fontana race with Blenkinsop coming through the crowds with Rascal Flatt and the fan's horns blaring.
just out of curiosity anyone know about how tall Justin Leov is?

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Justin Leov's website says he's 180cms. Not sure what that is in feet

Spoke to Clay at Bromont really quickly. He does great work in capturing the race weekend for Yeti. Wish more teams would do this kind of thing. Santa Cruz and the Athertons have something similar and I think that's great too.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
This was a big reason why I am switching to yeti for next year.
To have a company that cares so much about racing and really promotes their riders and their product like they do in a positive, this is what we are manner is great.
There are many other reasons but this stuff is sick.

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
The most "moving" vidz from Yeti was ones with Graves being unfortunate. When last year he got flat tire in world champs, I immediately thought: "There will be one sad Jared in thier next podcast". It really lets us (the fans) see what is going on with the riders and their teams.

And these videos (when done well) really makes the brand stronger.

Atherton's has a podcast too. Unfortunately they don't come up with new videos as often as the Yeti does.

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
Basically, what Clay does is smart as hell.
I'm pretty sure Yeti pays him to put the videos together. So, he goes out with them, stays with them, shoots all of the Yeti guys, and the other racers. Then, he puts out a little segment of just the Yeti guys, and saves the rest of the footy of the other riders and makes a movie out of the remaining footage that he puts out around Christmas time.
Like I said, I don't know, but I'm assuming seeing as I've seen EVERY video on the site (I have spare time in my film classes, haha)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yetis website and especially the content in vids and pics is second to none. They do it as right as you can.
Big applause to yeti, the photogs on there and Clay for the amazing vids.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I love the yeti videos....
They keep it fresh and give outsiders a small look into there work.
Awesome.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Yeah, ditto. I love Clay's work, one of the best little bits is at the Fontana race with Blenkinsop coming through the crowds with Rascal Flatt and the fan's horns blaring.
just out of curiosity anyone know about how tall Justin Leov is?
A little bit taller than me, maybe 6'?? probably on the Yeti site somewhere

ReVolVeRage said:
Basically, what Clay does is smart as hell.
I'm pretty sure Yeti pays him to put the videos together. So, he goes out with them, stays with them, shoots all of the Yeti guys, and the other racers. Then, he puts out a little segment of just the Yeti guys, and saves the rest of the footy of the other riders and makes a movie out of the remaining footage that he puts out around Christmas time.
Like I said, I don't know, but I'm assuming seeing as I've seen EVERY video on the site (I have spare time in my film classes, haha)

You have christmas in May??!!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
just took the time to go back and catch a few i missed.

worlds was so intense. wow. what drama.