Quantcast

Yeti DJ opinions

drago52

Chimp
Aug 21, 2004
Eagle-Vail, CO
I'm interested in buying a Yeti DJ bike for urban assault, dirt jumping, etc. Has anyone ridden one or have some opinions about it? It's looks cool, but I know its new for Yeti so I'm not certain about the quality. Thanks.

-Ryan

Oct 3, 2003
Denver, CO
The frame looks amazing...very well built. i would not really be to worried about the quality of it. more worried if its the right bike for you...keep in mind it has vertical dropouts and is all aluminum so its not a burly hardtail for some real street abuse...it will work for it but it just depends on how hard you ride. but for djing this bike it looks amazing. iv never riden it though only seen it so that is just my .02

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I have one, that I am using for 4x right now. I'm staying off the DJs until after the National Cahmpionships. But what I can say is this.... F'ing WOW! Its compact, nimble, quick, and very neutral. I would like the BB to a little lower but heck that's my only complaint. The drop outs are MASSIVE and a horizontal drop option is on the way (the drop-outs are replacable). I have a 4" fork on there right now and I would be hesitant to put a 5" fork on. I might even think a 3" would be better for racing, but 4" should be fine for DJing. Its extremely stiff when accelerating, but I don't notice a harsh ride. I stongly suggest one on the 4x track the bike flys really well and I can't wait to get her on the DJs. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them.

drago52

Chimp
Aug 21, 2004
Eagle-Vail, CO
I guess I'm looking for a bike I can really wreck. Something with a rear derailler, disk brakes, and a super strong setup. Urban assault, DJing, around town riding.

Yeti-Freak

Chimp
May 3, 2002
Australia
probably go for somthing cromo then..... Orange Hitmen are nice, but there are sooooo many nice cromo hardtails now, plenty that weigh a ton also.

Tim

May 26, 2004
Denver
that yeti rides great, its super stiff and handles well, but seems a bit expensive to me for a bike your gonna beat the crap out of. i think there are a lot of bikes that are just as good for a lot less.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I own a Yeti DJ and it' effing RAD. I'm sure it'll take as much abuse as you want to throw at it, angles are great, and it rides awesome. However, you're in Denver. And you want the whole "urban mtn bike" setup. Look into a new frame coming out by a Boulder-based company called Addict Cycles. SICK frames that are exactly what you are looking for, you have to see them. Email dan@addictcycles.com and ask him about pictures and info. No website yet. Fresh.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
yea what they said..

ive got one and it rides great but if you wanna give your ht some serious abuse go with a steel frame, not saying anything against the yeti`s build quality, far from it, but steel is the one if your into mashing your bikes, i went with the yeti cos i wanted to do a bit of xc on the hardtail, so i wanted something fairly light, as peeps have said theres plenty of really good hardtails out there for the same money so you got plenty of choice fella..

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have been on one for over a year now. I started with the 2nd prototype and the new one is everything i oculd ever want in a street bike (excpet with my 63 mm sherman jumper the tire buzes my foot during x-ups and bar spins but oh well) it manuals super well, is crazy stiff, 180's like a bmx bike and just feels awsome.
iv had 2 forks on it both with 2 different travel options:
first was a sherman flick with 110 and now its at 63mm- the 63mm feels perfect for street and dirt but is very very steep headangle wise.
then i had a black with 80mm-100mm. the 100 felt good and that fork was a good inch and a half lower than the sheramn at 110 but it felt sweet at 80mm; about where my shermans at now.

my advise dont run 24 inch wheels on it, it makes the bike to small and even with 170mm cranks the bb was wayyy to low.

this bike can take just about anything ask people who iv ridden with i put mine through hell learning new tricks and lines and it keeps coming back for more