Quantcast

Yeti Goodness

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
loco said:
I want that fork on my Reign.

*back to Heidi's bike now.
Yeah! I'm curious to see how the Yeti feels. They always have solid bikes. I would love to take it for a spin around the parking lot, but I'm a midget and I think I remember Heidi being really tall!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
DH Diva said:
Yeah! I'm curious to see how the Yeti feels. They always have solid bikes. I would love to take it for a spin around the parking lot, but I'm a midget and I think I remember Heidi being really tall!
It has one of those cool quick release thingies to just drop the seat whenever you want! :blah: It's a medium frame - I'm 5'9.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Heidi said:
It has one of those cool quick release thingies to just drop the seat whenever you want! :blah: It's a medium frame - I'm 5'9.
Ha! Well, I'm 5'4 on a good day so a medium wouldn't be too outrageous, I don't think. I test road a friends size small Yeti DH9 one time and it was so long my arms were completely stretched out and I was hunched over just to reach the bars so I think I've always thought yeti's were huge in general (or that I had freakishly short circus arms??). Well, I'll be stoked to check out your bike and have some more gals to hang out with at the races!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
DH Diva said:
Ha! Well, I'm 5'4 on a good day so a medium wouldn't be too outrageous, I don't think. I test road a friends size small Yeti DH9 one time and it was so long my arms were completely stretched out and I was hunched over just to reach the bars so I think I've always thought yeti's were huge in general (or that I had freakishly short circus arms??). Well, I'll be stoked to check out your bike and have some more gals to hang out with at the races!!
Well what stem did she have on it...a 120? I have dipped below the 100's!!!!:p See you at the races! I'll be the one in lycra hahahahahaha

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Heidi said:
Well what stem did she have on it...a 120? I have dipped below the 100's!!!!:p See you at the races! I'll be the one in lycra hahahahahaha
You crazy XC racers with your triple digit stems and lycra....;)

I'll be the one with circus midget arms and baggy shorts!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
Heidi , How many Bikes do you have now ?
Well, let's see:

Giant Simple 7 cruiser bike
Titus Full Custom Racer road bike
Titus Racer X winter commuter
Dean Torreys Titanium cross bike
Dean Ace
Yeti 575

Only 6! CLEARLY I need another...one for each day of the week. I keep it pretty basic...one for everything. :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
You most definatly need another or 2 ! have you thought about a Tandem ? I bet you and the Hubby could really get a Tandem Moving !
No tadem, I don't want a divorce :) I don't think I could give up control of the bike to someone else, it just isn't in my personality.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
syadasti said:
When is Yeti going to have an All Mtn frame between the 575 and the ASX :D
Hmmm 575 has 5.75 inches of travel the ASX has 6.1 or 7.5 Yeti definitley needs something to fill that giant gap in their line:thumb:

That being said I got my 575 over a year ago, you are all a bunch of poseurs!:mumble:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
maxyedor said:
Hmmm 575 has 5.75 inches of travel the ASX has 6.1 or 7.5 Yeti definitley needs something to fill that giant gap in their line:thumb:

That being said I got my 575 over a year ago, you are all a bunch of poseurs!:mumble:
The 575 is a trail bike and the ASX is a FR bike. Plenty of brands have bikes inbetween the two these days.

The difference between a trail bike and all-mountain(or light FR) bike is the tubeset, shock stroke(leverage), shock type (All Mtn usually have piggyback air and/or optional coil), other features (like Cannondale putting a thru-axle on the MX Prophet rear), and the intended usage.

Lots of clear examples:

Intense:
XC - Spider XVP
Trail - 5.5
All Mtn - 6.6 (coil optional)
FR - Uzzi VPX

SC:
XC - Blur XC
Trail - Blur LT
All Mtn - Nomad (coil optional)
FR - VP Free

Ironhorse
XC - Azure
Trail - MKIII
All Mtn - 6point (in 07)
FR - 7point

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I am 6ft and ride a med 575 w/ 100mm stem. and I have a med dh9. and I had a med asx. I love my 575 sometimes I want a shorter stem, handles great. I ride it hard like I am on my dh bike and have had it almost a year. I almost got the team color but I would have had to wait a bit so I got orange.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
syadasti said:
The 575 is a trail bike and the ASX is a FR bike. Plenty of brands have bikes inbetween the two these days.

The difference between a trail bike and all-mountain(or light FR) bike is the tubeset, shock stroke(leverage), shock type (All Mtn usually have piggyback air and/or optional coil, other features (like Cannondale putting a thruaxle on the MX Prophet rear), and the intended usage.

Lots of clear examples:

Intense:
XC - Spider XVP
Trail - 5.5
All Mtn - 6.6 (coil optional)
FR - Uzzi VPX

SC:
XC - Blur XC
Trail - Blur LT
All Mtn - Nomad (coil optional)
FR - VP Free

Ironhorse
XC - Azure
Trail - MKIII
All Mtn - 6point (in 07)
FR - 7point

Can you define and provide a numerical rating systems for the different trail attributs for XC, trail, all mountain, freeride and veloshushing for us? Please include measurements such a speed, gradient, trail roughness, soil sheer strength, drop height, drop transition gradient , short bagginess and gnar in your ratings. It would help greatly when trying to label my next ride.

Thank you.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Westy said:
Can you define and provide a numerical rating systems for the different trail attributs for XC, trail, all mountain, freeride and veloshushing for us? Please include measurements such a speed, gradient, trail roughness, soil sheer strength, drop height, drop transition gradient , short bagginess and gnar in your ratings. It would help greatly when trying to label my next ride.

Thank you.
If there wasn't a need for these inbetween bikes, they wouldn't sell and product managers would not be adding them to their lines :rolleyes:

I know how everyone on RM hates them. They all say the Nomad sucks and who cares when the Type6/6point is coming out. Man that new Specialized Enduro, what POS :p

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
You can get a DHX air (read piggy back) on the 575 and the ASX as options. they are both super light compared to what Santa Cruz and Specialed are building. I do beleive you are a little confused and a whore for the bike marketing machine:blah:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
maxyedor said:
You can get a DHX air (read piggy back) on the 575 and the ASX as options. they are both super light compared to what Santa Cruz and Specialed are building. I do beleive you are a little confused and a whore for the bike marketing machine:blah:
Sorry you can't escape the laws of physics. Those are stronger bikes built for more severe usage, hence they are not trail bikes - they make lighter bike frames for that. The extra weight is from stronger tubesets, bigger shocks with more air/oil volume (that provide about equal or greater travel with lower leverage ratio that proves more control travel and works out better especially for heavier or abusive riders), thru-axle rear for stiffness (like prophet vs. MX/4cross), larger or quad bearing pivots (for great loads/longer life), geometry, etc...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Now I'm raly lost as to what your point is all I know is my 575 works for everything up to about 8 foot drops, Then my Fly takes over. The Fly weighs about 33 pounds and the 575 is 25.8 both are mutch lighter than most "trail bikes" you mentioned.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Heidi said:
Maybe a couple. I want to do the Ashland race for sure. It just hurts my knee to really run AT ALL so the Le Mans starts will suck. I'm also toying with the idea of trying the Willamette Super D and possibly the sport DH. So yes, we'll probably meet.
Yes, do it (the Ashland race). The more mountain bikers here, the merrier!